Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TMC - 'real time' reporting...not
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TMC - 'real time' reporting...not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: TMC - 'real time' reporting...not Reply with quote

I had an interesting experience today (but it wasn't at the time when I was stuck in traffic!!) with TMC.

There had been an accident in my carriageway of the motorway, which had been dragged to the hard shoulder by the time reached it...

...emergency vehicles were still in the process of rushing to an accident in the opposite carriageway (in almost exactly the same place) and traffic was already queueing for a couple of miles...

...there was NO mention of either incident in the radio traffic bulletin...

...the TrafficMaster Freeway advised me of the problem in my carriageway and highlighted a 5 minute delay (after I was stuck, of course!!) - but no mention of the incident in the opposite carriageway...

...the following traffic bulletin 15 minutes later mentioned problems with both carriageways, just as I would have expected.

However, TMC on my MIO made no mention of either incident until almost exactly an hour after I had passed through - and that was with GOOD TMC reception - by which time, I was minutes away from home and close to sitting in an arm chair rather than driving seat.

Bearing in mind that the TrafficMaster Freeway identified a problem and traffic must have been affected for long enough for their sensors to detect this, I was a little baffled as to why the radio station (which quotes TrafficMaster as the source of its information) made no reference to this problem.

I was even more puzzled as to why it should take another hour before TMC reported any problem.

...at the end of the day, I was only delayed by a few minutes but I would have expected TMC to have reported a problem much more quickly.

Having said that, I was wondering if people are complaining of TMC reporting non-existent problems that it could possibly be the reverse of this and take longer than expected for the data to be removed from the system.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: