Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot order US Mio C310X
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot order US Mio C310X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Cannot order US Mio C310X Reply with quote

I've tried to order a Mio C310x (basically the US version of the C510 i.e. with US maps). I've been unable to order from any supplier - even the usual suppliers who are more than happy to send items to the UK.

The explanation apparently (according to 2 retailers) is that Mitac has required retailers to refuse to sell the C310x to Europe (non US/Canada)!

If this is true then it is a real shame. I can buy the C310x, including duty charges, for cheaper than I can buy US maps for my C710 (in fact the maps are not easily available for some strange reason). If it's true then it's also a bit odd that Mitac has managed to enforce its policy.

Oh well.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retty,

I've found a copy of the US/Canada maps on SD card on eBay - $99

You may be able to persuade the seller to ship to the UK, but the question is whether they will work with your C710.

Anyway, if you're interested, try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIO-Maps-USA-and-CANADA-SD-Card-C220_W0QQitemZ140112500545QQihZ004QQcategoryZ73361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Retty
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
Retty,

I've found a copy of the US/Canada maps on SD card on eBay - $99

You may be able to persuade the seller to ship to the UK, but the question is whether they will work with your C710.

Anyway, if you're interested, try this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIO-Maps-USA-and-CANADA-SD-Card-C220_W0QQitemZ140112500545QQihZ004QQcategoryZ73361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks. Yes, they will work. The issue I had was whether or not I could justify paying £80 or so for a SD map when I could buy a whole new hackable unit for £100 or less (with duty and VAT added on of course) :-( Problem is that Mitac has persuaded even the usually pliable US dealers not to ship to the UK (even when they do ship for other products). Very odd that even the usual rule breakers won't break rules in selling the C310X. I could ship it to an US PO box address but I can't be bothered to spend the money (which I haven't really got) in the effort.

But yes, that is a very good price for US and Canada mapping - I may bid on it.

Thanks again :-)
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retty i've PM'd you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: