Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Annoyed With Them
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Annoyed With Them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davewhit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: TomTom Annoyed With Them Reply with quote

Just to update you guys, i recently updated my brothers tomtom on my tomtom home and it changed my device number. i emailed tomtom and explained and they asked for my recipt through email which i kindly emailed to them.

After a day they wrote back and said it would be sorted in a few days and they would change my device back to mine. Well 3 weeks down the line and 2 emails later still nothing. Ok i love my tomtom one, no quibbles with that but as for tomtom themselves i am honestly dissapointed and cannot do nothing with home till they sort out this problem.

thought i would let people know where i am upto and to warn people if using another tomtom one on your home make sure you register in another email before downloading anything

dvae
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this back from TomTom the other day.

Quote:
Dear Mr ********

You will still be able to downlaod and install siftware upodates to your original TomTom Go. Software updates do not require you to be logged in to any particular account. When you connect your Go your PC, HOME will start. It will compare the installed items on your Go to what is currently available and allow you to download any newer application software it finds.

You only need to be logged in to an account with the correct Device Code to install extra items such as TomTom Safety Cameras.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

We shall see. When I can be bothered to try it. Rolling Eyes

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
davewhit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven`t tried that yet but wil have a go but as yet i have had no other reply to my last email asking when they will reset my device code
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear Mr ********

You will still be able to downlaod and install siftware upodates

High quality replies from TT Customer Services as ever! Laughing
davewhit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the above message so be aware if you try using another tomtom on your home, its abloody disgrace why they cant change it for me but never mind will wait 6 months

dave

Dear Mr ********

Please be informed that in accordance with our terms and conditions, only one device code is to be used for a TomTom account at a time. We are therefore unable to modify your device code as requested, even given the fact that your reasons for modifying the device code in the first place are perfectly valid. The only thing we can suggest right now is that you keep this account under your brother's device code and create a new TomTom account under a new email address for your own device code. This can be a hotmail or yahoo or any other free email server's email address
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is clearly stated in their PLUS Service terms. It's like that to stop users subscribing to a PLUS Service and then plugging in all your friends and families units and installing the PLUS data on them. When you use PLUS for the first time you input which device you wish to use PLUS with. You can then change this device once every 6 months.

Are we to gather that you tried installing data from a subscribed PLUS service on the other device?

If you don't use the PLUS Services then it has zero effect on system updates and using HOME etc for all other features.
davewhit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually trying to put sunrise on my brothers tomtom as it was brand new and had all up to date on it except he didnt have sunrise. Yes i know it was my mistake and i ave registered him for tomtom home on his own computer now even though he cant even use a pc but still never mind

dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: