Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI categories not showing in Enable/Disable TT910
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI categories not showing in Enable/Disable TT910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djkav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: POI categories not showing in Enable/Disable TT910 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have read the forum and tried all I could.

I have tried adding 1 POI from the downloaded zip. I copied it over to the folder "Western_and_Central_Europe" on the TT910. When I go into Enable/Disable POIs to enable it, its not there to find.

I have already added the speed camera POIs and they are working fine. They show up on the Enable/Disable POI list.

I even created a new POI category with "Add POI Category". That seemed to have created a category, I can see it as a file in the folder. But even that doesn't show up in the Enable/Disable POI list.

Has anyone had any similar behavour from the TT910?

I think my software version is 6.520, i don't know where to find that info.

Many thanks
djkav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that all these "Autovelox_IT_Altro_TomTom.ov2" pre-installed POIs count towards my 100 POIs?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: POI categories not showing in Enable/Disable TT910 Reply with quote

djkav wrote:
I think my software version is 6.520, i don't know where to find that info.
Tap the screen in the bottom right corner (Sat Signal graphic) and the Software version appears in a window just above.

Tap this and you get a screenful of info about your 910.

djkav wrote:
I take it that all these "Autovelox_IT_Altro_TomTom.ov2" pre-installed POIs count towards my 100 POIs?
No. The TT cameras don't count towards the POI allowed quota.

Although if you want to get rid of them, have a look at #12 of the FAQs Page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djkav wrote:

Yes, they do. I think there are 57 TT speed cameras. I would copy them to my hard disk so as to be able to put them back if I sold it on, then delete them from the 910. It seems that although TT have changed their camera handling system, they still (or recently still) send out the x10 devices with "original" camera OV2 POIs. I'd guess if one were to subscribe to their database they would wipe them at the first update (which might be "soon", like the maps).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to contradict Oldboy - see this thread, Mikealder's post 04 Jan, 10:27pm.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't pay to much attention to that - The TT Speed Cameras do not count towards your allowance of 100 custom POI's. The problem was stopping the warnings which is why I wrote the answer to #13 on the FAQ page. - Mike
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you've got me confused Mike. You said ...
Quote:
Having checked my day one back up file I have 38 TomTom Speed Camera files listed, each one has a corresponding .ov2 .bmp and .ver file.

These being ov2 file type will be counted towards your total of 100 hence the problems you have encountered.

My new 910 received mid January had 57 OV2 TT Camera files on it (it doesn't now Twisted Evil ).

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis, It depends on the version of TomTom being used, IIRC that thread was based around the first release of TT6 on the device (I had to roll my unit back which messed up the TTS files, great fun - NOT), with the newer versions the TomTom Speed Cameras do not form part of the 100 Custom POI allowance - Mike
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for Mike,
A question keeps Bugging me everytime i see the 100 POI answer but I have not seen it defined,
So must ask: Is the 100 limit in TTN6 for enabled or un-enabled POIs, I can hold more than 100 on a card but not neccesaraly enable them all only enabling the one i am likely to need before a journey.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a limit on the number of Custom POI files you have stored in any single map folder, if you put more than 100 in the map folder then TomTom will decide which POI you can use/ select, there doesn't appear to be much logic as for the ones it shows you.

You can keep more POI files on the memory card (or hard drive depending upon the model) just make sure they are stored in there own folder, then use file explorer to move the files to/ from the map folder (PDA based is easy as you can do this on the device), the PNA products are a little more difficult if you don't have the PC to connect it to, either way keep the installed Custom POI below 100 using version 6 and you will be OK - Mike
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, interesting and alternative option much apreciated, I am using Mio168 and will try when POIs build up.
djkav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for all your comments.

I have backed up all the TomTom foreign speed camera .OV2 files and deleted them from the TomTom.

I counted all the .OV2 files, including all the TomTom .OV2 and the Pocket GPS speed camera .OV2 files and they counted 100.

My custom POIs now appear in the Enable/Disable POI list.

So I can only assume that the TomTom .OV2 files was included in the 100 custom limit.
promoseeds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Cannot Add POI's Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem as djkav with my new TomTom 910.

I've downloaded the camera database, extracted the files from the zip directly to the Western_Central_Europe maps folder, followed pocketgps instructions exactly but my 910 does not show the camera POI's for me to add.

My software version is 6.524

Any suggestions PLEASE!

Tony.
promoseeds
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Cannot Add POI's Reply with quote

I think I have answered my own question (and that of djkav - Hopefully!).

It would appear that by default the TT 910 restarts on the US Map. Therefore, after installing cameras, go to preferences, switch maps back to Western_Central_Europe, follow the pocketgps instructions to add POI's and Hey Presto! It all works fine.

Hopefully this works for you too djkav.

Tony.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: