Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomttom one frozen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomttom one frozen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsmolens
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: tomttom one frozen Reply with quote

I updaed my tomtom one with the new maps/home software and now the unit is frozen. It keeps on displays "wait" message on a white background. I've reset teh device numerous times but it still goes back to the wait message, HELP! Crying or Very sad
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press and hold the reset button down for 30 seconds then see what happens when you power it back up - Mike
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the SD card is now too full.
SpikeyG40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also having this problem.

i have tried restoring a back up, reset it several times (sometimes just a small push, other times with the 30second push) but all that happens is it turns on, the screen showing the tomtom loading comes up, then the splash screen, then a screen saying "please Wait" with a sand timer on it. doesn't seem to do anything apart from that!

any help would be much appreciated!

P.S I'm new! HI! Wink
SpikeyG40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried another memory card in it and it seemed fine. so its a memory card problem. i would say delete it all and start again, but something tells me thats not such a good idea! Rolling Eyes
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, you should have a read of #8 on the FAQ Page it details memory card speed as a known issue. It is quite possible your card is too slow so the device is rejecting it, certain cheaper cards can be wearing fancy labels claiming high speeds that often they are incapable of achieving in reality - Mike
tripwire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: answer in another post... Reply with quote

this exact problem is discussed in another recent post, and apparently it's related to corrupt .mac files that appear on the SD card. the solution was linked to an even EARLIER thread, but that link is now broken...

so I' afraid we're both kind of stuck here...

anyone know more about this?
tripwire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

searching other forums on the web, I've come across MANY people with this problem. it would appear that the latest version of the HOME software's auto update feature is breaking peoples tomtoms...

I tried to cut and paste directions, but it wont let me put any URLS in this post...
tripwire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: FOUND A FIX! Reply with quote

I have found a fix for this problem on a EU based GPS forum. I have also PERSONALLY VERIFIED that it works. (also verified that the HOME installer is doing something to break things during the auto-update...)

sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules in posting this, but I figured it was important. (I know this has been driving me insane for days) :D

1. open your SD as a removeable drive on the desktop.
2. DELETE all files that are NOT in a folder.
3. grab this file from the tomtom site

-- please note I have written [dot] where you need to place a period in the URL, as this forum won't let me post a true URL (or I'm not smart enought to figure out how)--

(tomtom one version1) - www[dot]tomtom[dot]com/updates/ttoneupd545[dot]zip
(tomtom one version2 (newer model)) - http[colon]//62.250.16.51/customers/TTOnev2/ttOneNE[1].650.7390[dot]exe

4. run the installer - DO NOT use tomtom HOME!
5. power up, and enjoy!

this runs a slightly older version of the application, but seems to be fine. for fun, you can then hook it to tomtom home, run the auto update and watch it break again! Wink
SpikeyG40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Welcome to the forum, you should have a read of #8 on the FAQ Page it details memory card speed as a known issue. It is quite possible your card is too slow so the device is rejecting it, certain cheaper cards can be wearing fancy labels claiming high speeds that often they are incapable of achieving in reality - Mike

hey, thanks for the welcome, i am still using the memory card which came with the tom tom. i haven't got round to getting another card yet. however, all i have on the card are the normal stuff that comes on the CD, the updates from tom tom home and the tom tom speed cameras. i would of thought this amount of stuff wouldn't be too much of an issue for the standard card?

@tripwire : my Tom Tom is the New edition. which file should i download?
SpikeyG40
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so i put the version 2 on and it seems to be working. slightly different to how it used to be, different start up screens etc, but it works so thats good!

so its a problem with the tomtom software! shouldn't that of been checked by tom tom? will they find the problem and fix it?

sorry i'm asking so many questions, i'm quite new to this lark! Wink
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: FOUND A FIX! Reply with quote

tripwire wrote:
-- please note I have written [dot] where you need to place a period in the URL, as this forum won't let me post a true URL (or I'm not smart enought to figure out how)--

(tomtom one version1) - www[dot]tomtom[dot]com/updates/ttoneupd545[dot]zip
(tomtom one version2 (newer model)) - http[colon]//62.250.16.51/customers/TTOnev2/ttOneNE[1].650.7390[dot]exe
How are you trying to post the URL?
It should be structured like this:
Code:
[url=www.tomtom.com/updates/ttoneupd545.zip][b][color=red]Link[/color][/b][/url].
to give you a link like this:
Link.

However, the very peculiar structure of this URL, with the embedded square brackets, seems to blow the phpBB system's mind!
Code:
[url=http://62.250.16.51/customers/TTOnev2/ttOneNE[1].650.7390.exe][b][color=red]Here[/color][/b][/url]

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: