Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS navigation systems with Bluetooth... which one?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS navigation systems with Bluetooth... which one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: GPS navigation systems with Bluetooth... which one? Reply with quote

I'm going to replace my mobile soon which is running tomtom using a holux 236 as I'm not happy with the stability of the system (tends to crash alot) so I'm going back to a standard bluetooth mobile and will get a dedicated gps device....

So I'd like to know which ones people recommend for UK navigation with the odd trip to the continent, I use the post code search alot on tomtom so that's a must, as is bluetooth handsfree - trying to avoid having to double up on bits and pieces in the car.

Size isn't an issue as I've got a meridan platinum for walking and will keep my current mobile + 236 as a backup (or for use in hirecar's etc).
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of mobile phone is it you are using? - there are a number of phones that work very well with TT6. You have a decent BT GPS receiver so I would try and get the phone working correctly.
If you are fixed on getting a PNA device I would take a look at the TomTom One V3 Europe version, at least you will be ok with the TomTom interface etc - Mike
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a T-Mobile SDA II - I might wait then until June and upgrade my mobile to a PDA style phone (the other problem beyond stability is I find the screen is tad on the small side for driving).
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to add, I've also noticed that the phone isn't really upto the demands of running the gps software - under some conditions it can give quite bad lag - for example saying exit in 300 yrds when I'm half a mile down the slip road and heading off into the distance ;) - This doesn't look gps related more to do with the speed of the positional updates and Tomtom catching up.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are staying with T-Mobile have a look at the MDA-C-III or if you want WiFi on the device switch to O2 for the XDA Orbit either way you would then have a spare Bluetooth GPS unit. I have only ever used car navigation software on the PDA style phones, the smart phone interface I find too difficult to use - Mike
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike,

Just looking I've just found that totalpda are selling factory refurb Tomtom One Europe for £129+vat so well within the price range to keep the wife happy....

Think one of those will be winding its way to me.[/url]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: