Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Incorrect Speed Camera's in Stoke-On-Trent
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Incorrect Speed Camera's in Stoke-On-Trent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jezbenbow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Incorrect Speed Camera's in Stoke-On-Trent Reply with quote

Hello Everyone :D

I downloaded the Speed Camera datadase a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit that it's the mutts nuts!

Only problem I have encountered so far is incorrectly placed speed camera's on the Potteries Way in Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent.

I'll have to double check the next time Im in the area but Im also pretty sure that there is one too many speed camera's listed for this stretch of road.

So come on....own up! Who registered the speed camera's on Potteries Way, Stoke-On-Trent cuz I think you've got them wrong!!? Rolling Eyes :P
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole database depends on the accuracy of submissions AND follow up reports. In order for a fixed camera to appear in the database, at least two people must have reported it to be in that location.

However, judging by the large number of reports that are NEVER confirmed or prove to be badly positioned or just plain wrong, there will always be inaccuracies (unless ONE person personally visited every camera site and entered it into the database himself), and for that reason making reports via the main cameras page

Once you've double checked and got your facts right, please make sure you do that. Thumbs Up
jezbenbow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Will do (when I get the chance).

I'll have to have a butchers at that map thingy and try to work out how to use it first though.

It doesn't bother me too much because I still get the audible warnings as I approach, which is all Im bothered about really. The exact positioning of the camera's isn't too important but I just thought I'd point it out anyway :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: