Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 6 help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 6 help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markw19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: TomTom 6 help! Reply with quote

I've just got TomTom Navigator 6 (Maps of WE) for my imate jam on a DVD, but I'm having trouble installing it using TomTom Home (Windows XP).

Even thought TomTom Home shows my Storage Card as having 650mb free, I can't install either the GB Postcodes (9.4mb) or GB map (101mb). For both of these items it says "not enough free space". The application itself and voices have gone on there fine.

Can anyone help please?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this with the storage card in the device? - if so use a card reader, TomTom Home will still see the card and it should load OK - Mike
Markw19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent advice, all installed now. Thank you Smile
Markw19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right it's working a treat now!

Except, where are the speed camera alerts?! It says they come free in v.6, but I can't find find any reference to them anywhere (in the manual or software)?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, the camera warning sounds are built into the application as are the configuration settings, all you can do is activate the cameras on your device - I have never relied upon their database but I have tried it, there is some limited information that might help HERE #7 for a start.

The page I linked to isn't fully live as yet (not all links work), but soon will be - although the problem you were experiancing is a frequently asked question (so no guessing as to what item 13 will be on the list) -

Glad to hear you are up and running, I guess you just need to think about capability, restrictions and what you actually want from the camera warnings, if its full spoken alerts with configurable distance options then the TT offering doesn't currently offer this :o but I do know of another database that does Wink - Mike
Markw19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just upgraded from v3! And it looks like a good upgrade, worth it just for full postcode search alone! Smile

I had checkpoint before, with the pocketgps full database, so I've just installed that into v6 with a simple beep (I got bored of the repeated spoken warnings so a beep will do!). Wasn't sure what distance to warn at though, so I did 500yds. Is that too much? I liked the way checkpoint did 10sec/30sec from your speed.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark try having a scroll through THIS Guide, it is for a Go-910 but towards the end is a look-up table for distance to seconds assuming you are at the legal speed limit, as an example I set Mobile 70 at 1027 Yards, which equates to 30 seconds prior notification if your speed is 70MPH.

If you want double warnings, this can also be achieved (similar to CheckPOI), but you cannot set a specific overspeed warning with the TomTom POI Warner. To obtain double warnings install a second set of the PGPSW camera database but rename each file adding a letter p infront of the files (or any other letter - I only use p because it groups all the camera related POI into a single group), then configure these second alerts for a lessor distance - you have a limit of 100 custom POI's in TT6 - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: