Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed cam locations?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed cam locations?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: speed cam locations? Reply with quote

cant seem to get cam locations uploaded to my new N20 just get unknown file or something or other! never had trouble with my old 510 model. you can download the cam locations direct from the navman website, which incidentally says will only work with new N series? is there some difference between n series and the icn range that wont let cam locations be put on it? any help would be appreciated
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: speed cam locations? Reply with quote

jonnyur wrote:
cant seem to get cam locations uploaded to my new N20 just get unknown file or something or other! never had trouble with my old 510 model. you can download the cam locations direct from the navman website, which incidentally says will only work with new N series? is there some difference between n series and the icn range that wont let cam locations be put on it? any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum! As you are experienced in uploading the POIs (as for you 510) it is virtually the same process. You can also subscribe to the Navman POIs which were preloaded on your N20. These are loaded in a different way i.e. direct from the SmartST 2006 desktop to the device.
Have you noticed that the PGPSW download files are only .asp files and need to be converted to .csv before uploading? I'm sure you have ... I havn't seen any other post with the problem you describe. Could you detail the exact problem and when it occurs in the Upload process?
jonnyur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: poi Reply with quote

i download them from the site, search for them ,extract file and so on tick the box to see files and that should be it shouldnt it. when it says save to pgp.... do i have to physically add . asc or .bin .csv because there is nothing after it? how do i convert them to the right files after extraction?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which files are you downloading - 'Consolidated by Type' or another one?
jonnyur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tried all three, but consolidated was the last time i tried
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyur wrote:
ive tried all three, but consolidated was the last time i tried

OK. So the files are in asc format (cannot believe that I said asp Embarassed )

Open the POI editor:
1.When the POI editor is open, click FILE, then OPEN and then point to the new folder where you stored the downloaded files.
2.The files are in .asc format, so to open them, in the box that says ‘File Name’ in the bottom of the POI Editor type *.* (asterix dot asterix) and all the files will appear in the editor ready to upload.
3. Now click on the first file ‘pocketops_uk_gatso' and you should now see the Speed Camera data appear in the screen.
4.Click FILE - SAVE TO DEVICE
5.You should now see a screen saying POI Options. Give the POI a name e.g. GATSO and then you must tick Active : Visual Alert : Audio Alert, Imperial and set the distance
6.NOW WAIT until you get a dialog box telling you that the POIs have been installed successfully. It will take a little while so be patient and do not do anything until you see this confirmation.

I hope I am not telling you to suck eggs! You probably know all this but the WAIT is important after No 5. You must wait for the confirmation dialog box before going further.

Hope this helps. If not come back to the forum. Wink
jonnyur
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: life saver Reply with quote

i cant thank you enough, if your ever in bolton look me up and ill buy a few beers
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: life saver Reply with quote

jonnyur wrote:
i cant thank you enough, if your ever in bolton look me up and ill buy a few beers

Glad to help Wink I've printed off the IOU..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: