Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 on spv m2000 ??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 on spv m2000 ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: TT5 on spv m2000 ?? Reply with quote

Hi there wonder if anyone here could just advise me on exactly what version off TT navigator I will require to run on my spv m2000 pda ??

sure the version I have here is TT5 navigator 5.0, is this particular build likely to be okay or will I require an update ( 5.10 or whatever ) if so what update will I need ??

are these updates freely available on the net if required ??

any users comments on this set up would be great, have a BT77 gps receiver here which I will be using with this systmn.

any advice appreciatted folks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jono, Welcome to the forum, there is a problem using the TTN5,0 on that device as it refuses to offer an on screen keyboard for entering the postcodes etc when setting the destination.
To overcome this you need a later version, I would suggest you visit www.tomtom.com and download the later version of the navigator 5 package (5,21) it is available for free download, get that working and see what you think, at least this option won't cost anything.
If you want to update the maps to the latest version you could consider TTN version 6 and new maps while you are at it - take up the current offer and get the package with decent discount - Mike
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff mike really do appreciatte both your welcome to the forum and off course your advice re. the spv m2000, okay yep now you mention it sure I did read off this keypad problem before.

okay not sure if you are saying that the whole TT 5 navigator 5.21 software is now available as a free download or possibly just this 5.21 update file on the tomtom website ?? had a quick search off the site but dont seem to see it ???

okay about TT6, yep not 100% convinced yet ??!! have heard a lot off mixed reports on it with a few users reverting back to tt6, I wonder if updating the speed cam database / adding extra map colours and pois iis as as easy it is on tt5 ??

if I opt for this new TT6 version, is there a particular build version I should be looking for to use with my spv m2000 like there was with tt5 or will all navigaor version work okay this time around ??

lastly- sorry !! can you confirm if the actual mapping on tt6 has been updated as was told that it was the same as tt5 more off just an update on its features etc ??
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN 5.21 is here & is the complete program, not a patch. As well as the keyboard issue it also resolves the issue of connecting non TT bluetooth receivers.

The maps supplied in the update program that also provides TTN6 FOC are more up to date than the TTN5 maps.
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crocodile wrote:
TTN 5.21 is here & is the complete program, not a patch. As well as the keyboard issue it also resolves the issue of connecting non TT bluetooth receivers.

The maps supplied in the update program that also provides TTN6 FOC are more up to date than the TTN5 maps.

Okay thanks also mate thats great, had a quick look at the link given but to me it looks like just a 5.21 update download as opposed to the whole TT 5 version 5.21 programme ???!!

the download certainly looks very small for it to be the complete programme ?? but will certainly have another look tomorrow when I have time.

appreciatte your reply thanks again
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link is correct and will provide the full application installer, it does not require a previous version of software to be installed on the device. It is quite a small file as it only comprises of the application, bear in mind the application does not include any map data (this is where the file size is large) - Mike
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thats great, sorry to the previous poster for doubting the fact iit was actually the whole programme its just that as I said the d/load did seem very small for it to be the this but do understand now what you say mike about there being no map data which would indeed make the programme much smaller in size !!!

so okay if I d/load this and add the map data from my old software everything should be fine- sounds good to me !!!
will certainly have another think on the TT6 as I say was under the impression the mapping was exactly the same as TT5 hence I was not too bothered about updating.

anyway again really appreciatte your advice guys thanks for that.
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a final question ??!!

wonder if it would be possible to d/load this 5.21 version and just update the mapping to the TT6 version - any ideas ??
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding of the update is if you purchase an updated map for a supported device (as yours is), you will automatically get V6 maps with the V6 app thrown in. That's what I got with my iPaq 4150. If you specify "other device" from the list of options you will only receive an updated V5 map. AFAIK, V5 maps can't be used with V6 app & vice-versa.

If starting afresh when updating to V5.21, you will also need a voice file from the CD as that isn't included in the download either.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new map which can be used with the version 5 software, or if your device is deemed as compatable you can get the version 6 software and map. Either way you can run the new map on your device.
Once installed you will need to activate the map in order to use it - Mike
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if anyone can just confirm what the very latest build version is for tomtom 6 navigator, 6.000 or is there a newer version ??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: