Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin 310D With TMc Antenna & Full Euro DVD @ £299 Half
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin 310D With TMc Antenna & Full Euro DVD @ £299 Half

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Garmin 310D With TMc Antenna & Full Euro DVD @ £299 Half Reply with quote

Not sure if its a limited time offer

Halfords are doing the Garmin 310D Package

Includes 310 Unit + GTM12 TMC Antenna with Lifetime Trafficmaster Subscription
DVD Maps of all Western Europe with a FULL Unclock Code + Blank 256Mb SD Card

They have dropped the package from £499 to £299

So a real bargain if you have been looking for one of these nifty litte units

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=239687&categoryId=33962

Or See your local store.

The link is a bit vague about the contents but the package contains

310 Unit with UK & Ireland Maps loaded on Internal Memory
GTM12 TMC Traffic Antenna With Lifetime subscription
DVD With Full Euro Maps (And a Full Unlock Code for all regions)
Blank 256Mb Memory card for MP3s etc

And this package is the latest release with the new modified Power Lead so the TMC works OK

Got to be a bargain at £299 the lot!!
knobby10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it is.

Mount, TMC, ciggy lighter charger, lifetime subscription, and a lovely case.

Picked one up yesterday
downtime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What colour was the led on your new improved power lead as i have bought the 310d and have no traffic?
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

£285 if you ask the manager for discount.. :P
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago ( red LED on lead). Seems to pick the Traffic signal up quite well but isn't 100% reliable in actually 'seeing' traffic problems. On my way to Heathrow on Tuesday this week it didn't see a 10 mile hold up on the M4 at Reading (which incidentally my Trafficmaster Freeway did thereby saving my bacon!) - this is the fault of the organisation transmitting the signal rather than the receiver's ability to pick it up - it can't tell me about info it doesn't receive!
When I manually asked the unit to divert around the trouble using the 'avoid' icon it tried to put me right through the centre of Reading. I chose to turn south of the M4 at J12 and in fairness it then very quickly plotted a new and very useful diversion around the problem. I don't think any of these systems will ever be foolproof and 100% reliable (which is why I keep my faithful Freeway on the dash) but overall this is as good a unit as I have seen. The technology is getting there - it's just not quite there yet!
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
On my way to Heathrow on Tuesday this week it didn't see a 10 mile hold up on the M4 at Reading (which incidentally my Trafficmaster Freeway did thereby saving my bacon!) - this is the fault of the organisation transmitting the signal rather than the receiver's ability to pick it up - it can't tell me about info it doesn't receive!
Without further investigation, it could have been one of two things, but chances are the one thing it wasn't was what you have stated!

The traffic service did know about the holdup - and that's simply because the traffic service is provided by Trafficmaster, who, as your Freeway unit showed, did know about the traffic.

The problem would either have been because you were out of signal range, and were not receiving any traffic. This was either caused by:
- simply being in a low signal area, although Reading is normally good.
- you have a "less than perfect" cigarette charging cable, which is causing the Nuvi to be unable to pick up the signal where it should be able to.

What are the serial numbers on the cable (this will determine if you have the best cable)?
Scoobydooby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now a few pence shy of £275 from Halfords with free p+p ---I'm tempted Rolling Eyes....

Scoobs

I'd be lost without it !!
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The traffic service did know about the holdup - and that's simply because the traffic service is provided by Trafficmaster, who, as your Freeway unit showed, did know about the traffic.

The problem would either have been because you were out of signal range, and were not receiving any traffic. This was either caused by:
- simply being in a low signal area, although Reading is normally good.
- you have a "less than perfect" cigarette charging cable, which is causing the Nuvi to be unable to pick up the signal where it should be able to.

Hmm, not really sure I agree with that. When I checked the unit the traffic icon was live and was giving me notification of other hold ups in the area e.g. M3 but not the one I was running into on the M4 - unless you are telling me that I was getting a better signal from another transmitter further away??
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's just about how the system works.

The fact the Blue icon was lit and you had some traffic listed simply means at some point in the last 15 minutes (approximately) you were in range of a radio signal and got some traffic.

If you moved out of signal range quick enough you would not have got all traffic information (it takes about 5 minutes to send all events when very busy).

If the accident had happened in the last 10 minutes, and you hadn't had a radio signal for 15 minutes, again you wouldn't receive the data.

Trust me, the data on the Freeway is the same data on the RDS-TMC service (give or take some little differences, that would not affect whether the traffic was shown in this case).
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I can live with your explanation, makes sense. Your posts on this thread and others are VERY useful. Have learned more from these than any instruction book. Overall I am really impressed with the unit - just occasionally if trying to touch the screen whilst driving e.g. to look at the posted traffic alerts, if you are even a mm out when touching the screen you can get something other than what you were looking for and end up spending quite some time getting back to where you want to be (during which time you are of course distracted from the road!) but I like it, I really do
CreaTz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

down to £264.95

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_239687_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_33962_crumb_31265-31468_parentcategoryrn_33962
CreaTz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to add that if you buy it instore there offering half price permant instalation for them £19.99 xmas special

not sure if thats worth it or not Question

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: