Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! US Version C710
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! US Version C710

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam2670
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: HELP! US Version C710 Reply with quote

So I bought this last week after only having seen the screenshots of what I now know is the EU version of the device. Instead of the very nice MioMap 3.2 the US version ships with Destinator which is absolutely horid. The 310 and 610 both ship here in the US with MioMap 3.2 it seems only the 710 is shipping with Destinator. After a week's worth of attempts to see if this could be remedied with Mio I received an email from someone I can only assume was using some sort of translator software as english was clearly not a lanuage he possesed any knowledge of stating "no upgrade".

I have the MioMap 3.2 DVD from a friend who just got a 610 and was wondering is there any way to get MioMap onto my 710 either from that DVD or any other way that someone might know about here, otherwise I will absolutely have to dump this unit ASAP and get something else...

Also, has anyone ever been able to get anyone on the phone at Mio here in the US? I've been calling them for almost 7 days solid and I only get an answering machine after sitting in an automated queue for 10 minutes...
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that there are problems communicating with Mio here in Europe but could i ask a dumb question?

did you contact Mio via the web site specifically for the US (http://www.miogps.com/US/) or did you contact them thru a different route?

sales@miogps.com

Mio Technology Limited, USA
47988 Fremont Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone: 510-252-6950
Fax: 510-252-6930
Toll Free Customer Service Hotline: 1-866-MIO-4-GPS

Mio Canada gives the same contact details as above

sadly i personally am not familiar with how maps transfer from machine to machine

hope this helps

the review i found doesn't seem to refer to the maps but the reviewers seemed happy enough:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Mio_C710/4505-3430_7-31891145.html?tag=box
adam2670
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the contact info I tried, I've also sent them 4 emails along with leaving countless messages at the above numbers. It is my feeling they actually have no US presence and the messages route to Taiwan as that's where my email responses came from.

It's not that I'm unhappy with the unit overall, it's just that Destinator when placed next to MioMap 3.2 is in my opinion lacking in every dept =/

thanks for the quick response!
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i guess that if you've tried this the only thing i can think of is that maybe you try installing MioMap from your friend's DVD onto your C710

is there any way of 'forcing' your C710 to install the software?

if the firmware is different to C610 it might not work but they might be close enough to fool your C710

i wouldn't like to mess up your C710 but i guess nobody from Europe would have tried this because MioMap is standard

i guess that the only way to find out is to try installing from the C610 DVD and see what happens

if you're already thinking of returning the unit and changing it for a different model you won't be any worse off
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the thread by Yafeu?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=49280

it's possible that somebody in the US has MioMap software for a C710

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: