Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux Gr-230 vs Emtec Bluetoth GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux Gr-230 vs Emtec Bluetoth GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calzor_Suzay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Holux Gr-230 vs Emtec Bluetoth GPS Reply with quote

GPS noob but think I've narrowed it down to these two based on hardware alone, Software can be bought etc so that aside..

I have an iPaq 2210 which I want to use in the car(1), possibly on the motorbike(2) via either a mount or in my pocket and use the voice guidance to an ear piece and maybe on the mountain bike(3) in a ruck sack for data logging.

1 is a Definate
2 is a would be really nice to use as I commute on the bike
3 is a toy for mucking about

The Holux seems to come in cheaper but the review seems to lack a good 'performance' write up, it talks about the extra satellite but not things like coming out of a tunnel like it does with the Emtec, is the Holux is a good performer at this?

Would the Bluetooth receiver work in a rucksack (2+3)?

When using the tomtom2 voice software is it possible to not even look at the screen maybe even turn it off (screen) to save battery power whilst listening to the voice commands on the bike?

With both the iPaq & GPS receiver on and in a rucksack be able to data log where I have been via some software?

Battery life longterm as in replaceable or they use up throw away?

Essentially the Holux is cheaper but is it worth paying more for the Emtec in the long run?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe Holux uses the same chipset (SiRF IIe/LP) that the Emtac uses, so coming out of a tunnel would be identical, the only difference really would be the antenna and seeing that it can pick up slighlty more signals compared with the Emtac, then you should find it at least on par with the Emtac, if not slightly better.

Re-Acquisition time is set at 0.1 seconds.

Regarding battery performance, we have had an Emtac for a year now, and it was still going strong until the Bluetooth firmware had a glitch, so battery wise, most of the batteries should last for more than a year.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: