Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Received TomTom newletter.NO discount for existing customers
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Received TomTom newletter.NO discount for existing customers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howarduk
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Received TomTom newletter.NO discount for existing customers Reply with quote

The subject says it all, the newsletter says

Quote:
Our latest NAVIGATOR 6 solution brings TomTom MOBILE 5 and TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 together in a single world-beating navigation package for your mobile phone or PDA.

It then links to the website which tells you about TT6 for PDA and phone. NO discount for existing customers. Last years upgrade was £46.00, this year if you wish to purchase TT6 it will cost you £68.42 for the same upgrade.

Howard
Active Synch 4.5
MohairSofa Calendar+Today Plug-in Ver.2.5.2
Softwinter Storage Tools Ver.2.0 ppc 420
Pocket Informant 9.01 build2390
Sprite Back up Ver 6.5.4 build 16
FrequentFlyer
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see it as an 'upgrade'....it's a 'start all over again'.....which is what I've elected to do. I found that the HP store site was the best deal at around £80 for the DVD and full street level mapping of all W Europe...on the face of it, I personally thought a pretty good deal.
Anybody want to purchase TT3 and TT5 from me !!
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why bother? Since there is no upgrade system there is no upgrade deadline. I've used TT5 and TT6 and I have to say there is very little difference between the two, in fact they are almost identical apart from a few menu options. If anything I'd rate TT5 ahead of TT6.

So if you have TT5 and it's working, stick with it.
cornz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked tomtom when the promised upgrade was going to start.
Here is the reponse.

"Thank you for your question about the availability of an upgrade from TomTom Navigator 5 to TomTom Navigator 6.

TomTom strives to always offer high quality products that keep up with the trends and demands of the market. We have taken a commercial decision to meet the fast moving PDA/mobile market by developing NAVIGATOR 6 to work with new handheld devices that have more memory and processing power to run new features, compared to the previous generation of products. The sophistication of the software advances in NAVIGATOR 6 mean that only a select group of current MOBILE and NAVIGATOR users would be able to run NAVIGATOR 6. As a result, TomTom will not be able to run a full upgrade programme for all existing MOBILE 5 and NAVIGATOR 5 devices.

Existing MOBILE 5 and NAVIGATOR 5 customers will continue to have an excellent navigation experience and they will be able to upgrade to new maps as these are made available to TomTom customers.

For users of compatible devices, NAVIGATOR 6 can be purchased from the low price of Euro 99 (this includes a pre-programmed miniSD card and adapter containing a map of their region and the major roads of Western Europe),

There are also 2 other potential products:

A pre-programmed 1GB miniSD card and adapter containing a full detailed map of Western Europe at €159,-
A DVD containing full detailed maps of Western Europe at €129,-

We hope to have answered your question
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know.

Kind regards,

TomTom Customer Support Team"

Sort of sucks if you ask me. My iPaq is more than upto the job.
Seriously doubt i will now buy TT6 and just revert back to TT5.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: