Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - AA Navigator 2006 - I AM NOT LAUGHING, GUYS.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

AA Navigator 2006 - I AM NOT LAUGHING, GUYS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullet22
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: AA Navigator 2006 - I AM NOT LAUGHING, GUYS. Reply with quote

C'mon guys - are we all mad....? :x

IMHO - the AA Navigator '06 software is a pile of junk!

I returned mine after a couple of days with an RMA. Laughing

Top bugs:

It doesn't over-ride your PDA's power settings. So you'd best touch that screen once every 3 minutes if you're not on mains power..... When you switch your PDA back on again it is FROZEN. Even task manager won't help you. Soft reset, EVERYTIME. So be prepared to change your power settings if you're planning on being in someone elses car, or on foot etc......

That STUPID traffic option, you switch it off to get rid of that dumb conjestion indicator underneath your position marker - but when you restart the app, it's enabled again. So don't try to look at the junction you've just driven past, 'cos there's a daft icon covering it.

Planning a route is PAINFULLY slow. You do get a lovely picture of some pebbles on a beach while it's doing it though. I don't actually know how fast a recalculation would be, because I never got to use it in my car because the "Universal" PDA holder they send won't let you charge an Xda Exec (HTC Universal, Jas Jar etc...) - and I'm not gonna be driving around trying to remember to touch the screen every 3 minutes to keep my PDA alive, am I........?

Menu's and genral GUI looks like it was designed for a 5 yr old i.e. "my first SatNav" by Fisherprice........ "Large Icons" just means "crap resolution" with that horrid AA yellow EVERYWHERE.

Mine arrived with the inner box ripped, and the security tag torn open - then taped over again, clearly USED. TeamWarrior's response...? "Thank you for your email. Unfortunatley during transit, as I'm sure you can appreciate, the boxes do sometimes get damaged via the postal system, please accept our apologies for this. We will have also experienced some problems with the security label ripping during transit which is why we also place the tape over this label to try to hold it in place during transit."

OH MY GOD............ So my 'new' security seal got ripped in transit THROUGH the tape they'd put on it.....? Insane...... Laughing

So I've since nipped out to PC World and bought the TTN5 Bluetooth. Totally different beast for as little as £60 more.

I am NOT trolling. These are genuine experiences, I've got all the e-mails from TeamWarrior and their hasty returns agreement.

Anyone who attempts to defend the AA Navigator 2006 package is only doing so because they're sticking up for a rubbish product that really they wish they'd sent back like I did; but they're stuck with it, so hey - pretend you like it.

....and, again, IMHO, if you read ANY review that says this app is anything less than an INSULT to SatNav, then beware the unbiasedness (is that a word..?) of the reviewer. Seriously.

'nuff said.

Again, I am NOT trolling.

ALL JUST MY OPINION - NOTHING MORE.
Border_Collie
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've found AA SAAt NAAv thAAt cAAn't?

:P
jwtimmons
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having bought this for use in Ireland because of the updated Navteq maps I have to agree with a lot of the top posters comments.

Every single time the traffic is enabled. We don't even have this service in Ireland.

It looks clunky, the 3d map looks like a spectrum flight simulator complete with jaggged lines et al.

Runing on a Yakumo AlphaX (same as Acer N35) every time you switch off the PDA and turn it back on THE ONLY way to get AA to see the GPS is to do a soft reset. Never once had this issue with Navigon.

Because no one else has the maps I wont be returning it but as soon as navigon release updated maps for Ireland this is going in the bin

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: