Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Installing software on your icn530 CAN break it
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing software on your icn530 CAN break it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlickHammer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Installing software on your icn530 CAN break it Reply with quote

After messing with tomtom on my icn530 and other bits of software I've successfully managed to break it, I read many times people saying you just have to reset your navman but this is not true. icn530 does NOT have the same cold reset as other icn5xx models.

When I now turn on my navman I get a gray box pops up with a heading "application startup secondary" then inside the box "Backup/Restore Application Data", it gets half way through the (restore/backup) then stops dead at file icn520.bm

I can't get a link to work with ActiveSync and no amount of resetting the navman does any good, this happened whilst removing tomtom and I got a error message saying some file couldn't be deleted because it was still in use.

U BEEN WARNED Twisted Evil
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried turning off the battery switch on the bottom of the unit?
FlickHammer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Have you tried turning off the battery switch on the bottom of the unit?

been there done that

It looks like some startup software is stuck in RAM and not able to complete its execution and so its stuck in an endless loop, my last hope is to completely drain the battery but I don't think its the type of RAM that will clear that easily.

I removed the two screws that hold it together but can't figure out how to pull it apart, I think there's another screw underneath the serial number but thought it was best to leave it alone :P
TheM
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it says “icn520.bm”? That’s wrong; it should be “icn530.bm”.
You may need to reflash your unit. Navman will certainly be able to help, it’s simple but it takes a while (though they may not want to since you’ve been removing the screws and even if you managed to remove the battery that wouldn’t help you).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: