Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 310D nightmare
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 310D nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tattooscooby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310D nightmare Reply with quote

After borrowing a streetpilot to drive through Scotland ( i live in N.Ireland) I went to halfords and bought a Nuvi 310D on Sunday.
Now for the problem, the unit works fine except that is accuracy is appalling !
Driving down the motorway today @ 70mph , turned off onto a roundabout and the nuvi stll showed 0.4 miles until turn-off, I have tried several other routes and I'm past the turn off before it says to turn..
I have updated the firmware to version 2.9 and checked everything else but no improvement.
At this sort of innaccuracy the unit is worthless to me and a total waste of money...
Can someone please help me as I'm about to scream with frustration..... :-(
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the GPS antenna flat?

Some people have reported these lag problems, although I don't think anyone has worked out what causes them, or whether it's a faulty unit.
Rob500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Do you have the GPS antenna flat?
Some people have reported these lag problems, although I don't think anyone has worked out what causes them, or whether it's a faulty unit.

I can't help with a fix - sorry but I can say that my Nuvi 300 definitely does not suffer from the same problem. Perhaps it would be worth asking for a replacement unit?
tkerby
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you go into the main menu screen (keep hitting back) and hit the satellite status button on the top left corner of the screen (looks like signal bars). See how many satellites have solid blue bars and see what the device claims for its current accuracy. It may be that poor signal is causing the lag

Do you have a heated / silvered windscreen? This will affect signal quality

Also, check in your navigation options that you have the vehicle set to car and shortest route or fastest time selected. This improves accuracy by snapping to the roads on the map.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: