Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Happiness at last with my tt 910?????
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Happiness at last with my tt 910?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Happiness at last with my tt 910????? Reply with quote

Originally bought my unit brand new off ebay with a 2 yr guarantee and after 3 weeks it started to play up (original post sep 06):

ive had probs with mine now.... every week on one day only, from startup the screen is all messed up with lines etc and about 1/5th of the screen can be seen, pressing on the other parts of the screen still activates the various controls on the display.....and sound etc all work but you can only see about a fifth!!!!!!! found out by repeatedly taping the unit with a pen etc the full screen comes back on..... but then it goes back to its original state........ this occurs for 20 minutes then after its fine..... for another 6 days...... no probs whatsoever. Contacted tomtom now to arrange collection . Other than that I love it to bits but its a pity my s.ericsson p910 bluetooth is incompatiable with the tt910.

Tomtom collected and it was away for 5 weeks!!!!! well pxxxx off!!!! so had to buy a s/h tt700 to get me through.

Unit came back and still had the same bloody fault and a further fault of the screen colours flickering sometimes, I was well annoyed and sent harsh email to tomtom.

Again collected and this time turnaround was 10 days (as they quote) funny thing is the unit looks as though it is my original unit as all stuff still on there but casing looks brand new as serial no's etc all fresh and not faded as per old unit. tomtom also have given me the serials for the 'new' unit and have reported the lcd was faulty. However there was a very small mark on the screen of my old unit and its still there?? having said that the unit seems to be fine now but will need to see over the next 6 days to 100% sure. They also confirmed that i did indeed have the 2 yr guarantee, which is a nice relief.

Having said that, I have not been put off by the 910 and would not settle for any of the lesser units especially as ive all my tunes loaded on to it. Funny enough 'new' unit now connects with my sony ericsson p910, something my 'old' unit wouldnt.

Have now ordered the tmc and hope it proves to be a worthy item.

keep you posted on future developments.....
jean
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had more problems than me - but like yourself I still love my 910 - just returned from USA and thought it was brill over there. Off to Berlin in a couple of weeks for our first visit so expect to use it there too.

Funnily enough my phone worked fine with my first one but will not work with the replacement that I got.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: