Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How do I register additional maps on TTN5 with NA maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I register additional maps on TTN5 with NA maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synmag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: How do I register additional maps on TTN5 with NA maps? Reply with quote

I got the free upgrade last year of TTN5 and the North American maps but only installed/registerd the Canadian maps. I bought a 2GB SD card for my palm Zire72 and I installed more maps which I can select in the app however once selected I get no map data.

I assume I need to register the additional maps to activate them but I wasn't prompted to do so. If this is in fact the case how do I bring up the registration process in the app?

TIA
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I register additional maps on TTN5 with NA maps? Reply with quote

Synmag wrote:
maps which I can select in the app however once selected I get no map data.

So the map is selectable via Switch Map? What's the exact error message? Have you tried to browse the map?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Synmag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: How do I register additional maps on TTN5 with NA maps? Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Synmag wrote:
maps which I can select in the app however once selected I get no map data.

So the map is selectable via Switch Map? What's the exact error message? Have you tried to browse the map?

Yes, the map is selectable and it says switching to "Canada" but the screen is blank with a gray back ground. I tried to plan A-B and set Vancouver as the destination but it did not come up on the list. I did try to browse the map which yielded the same gray blank screen.

I installed the New England- Mid Atlantic map and got the gray screen when I switched to the map. I tried switching back to Canada and when I planned a route A-B to Vancouver this time it did come up and and the starting point is shown on the map. Switch back to New England and plan a route from Detroit to NY City and it works. I set a home address in NY and now it is shown on the map when I switch to it.

It looks like I'm ok now. Time to add the rest of the maps.
Synmag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Note to TomTom Reply with quote

With the advent of large capacity SD cards that can hold all the maps they should change to installer to have an option to install all the maps at once.

It's a real hassle to select 8 individual maps to install.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get over it. You are not doing that every day, are you?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Synmag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Get over it. You are not doing that every day, are you?

As a matter of fact I am doing it every day. I will get over it in a few days when I have all the maps transferred. Wink BTW I wasn't bitching it was a simple suggestion as I'm sure many would appreciate that option. Cheers.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice suggestion but they are going to much larger maps anyways. Nowadays all devices come with a complete map of US (lower 48 plus AK) and Canada in one piece.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: