Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP! I lost my TomTom go 300 CD...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP! I lost my TomTom go 300 CD...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RodgerBright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: HELP! I lost my TomTom go 300 CD... Reply with quote

I lost my CD, and I am leaving for hawaii tomorrow, and need to DL the map to my unit. As far as I know you MUST have the CD to do this, can anyone help? Does anyone have a Go 300 CD image? If so I have a public FTP site I can give you to upload it to.

Please someone help!

Thanks much

--Rodger Bright
The Perfect Line track days / driving schools
www.theperfectline.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RodgerBright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize I just need the hawaii maps. I can make room on my SD card (or use another) and just copy the Hawaii maps over to it. Damn, I wish I knew from the beginning that the Canada and Hawaii maps pre-loaded on the SD Card. If ANYONE has access to the hawaii maps, that would be awesome. I called TomTom and they said they would send me out a new CD, but of course I wont get it soon enough for my Hawaii trip.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated!

--Rodger Bright
rodger@theperfectline.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi roger i sorry we wont be able to help you'll have to wait for the tomtom cd

in future please do not ask to be sent maps via email or for a link to an ftp site
thanks

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
RodgerBright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually saying that *I* have an ftp site that someone could upload it to, not looking for a link to someone elses.

I am just looking for a little help from someone. I dont really get what the big deal is, I bought the darn thing, it comes with every single one sold, and is basically useless without a tomtom go, so someone giving me a map that comes free with every single unit purchased doesnt seem like its breaking any laws at all, especially considering the company is sending me a new CD anyway.

Ill just have to find someone that also owns one who is willing to help a bro out.

Thanks for the response at least.

alix776 wrote:

in future please do not ask to be sent maps via email or for a link to an ftp site
thanks
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger we as a site do not allow people to ask for map files from other users be that uploading to and ftp site or via email or anyother lectronic form. Im sorry but youll have to wait for the tomtom cd to arrive

device Lumia 950 xl
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RodgerBright wrote:
I was actually saying that *I* have an ftp site that someone could upload it to, not looking for a link to someone elses.

I am just looking for a little help from someone. I dont really get what the big deal is, I bought the darn thing, it comes with every single one sold, and is basically useless without a tomtom go, so someone giving me a map that comes free with every single unit purchased doesnt seem like its breaking any laws at all, especially considering the company is sending me a new CD anyway.

Ill just have to find someone that also owns one who is willing to help a bro out.

Thanks for the response at least.

alix776 wrote:

thanks

Thing is though we only have your word that you have bought it! Too many people try and say they have bought it when they have aquired it by other means, not saying that you are doing that but I can understand and fully support why this site takes that view.

Let's Be Safe Out There
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all we know you might have stole it and need the maps for your own area ???
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate that genuine purchasers are being stuffed by the hundreds of thieves who have stolen satnavs from cars, and then try to obtain software. Only Tom Tom can verify the genuine owners, which is why you have to wait for them to deal with the problem.
TomDavison
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RodgerBright"]I am just looking for a little help from someone. I dont really get what the big deal is, I bought the darn thing, it comes with every single one sold, and is basically useless without a tomtom go, so someone giving me a map that comes free with every single unit purchased doesnt seem like its breaking any laws at all, especially considering the company is sending me a new CD anyway.

quote]

Don't forget that many of the posters in the forum are not in the USA, so for us, the USA map is an expensive extra purchase, which Tom Tom don't want pirated.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not that. map sharing does break the EULA which you agree to when you first actiavte the tomtom application.

please lets not get in to a big disscusion on the EULA as there have been enough threads on this already

device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: