Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom routes & recalculation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom routes & recalculation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom routes & recalculation Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried Tom tom navigator out for the first time today, seems pretty good. However i have two questions.

Driving along there was a traffic jam so i knew a better route, however Tomtom navigator kept try to put me onto the original route even though i was about half a mile away from it. i than selected Alternative route and it calculated it to the way i was going.

Do i need to do this everytme i take a detour.

My next question is this two people have asked me to put in routes to see what way it would take me. both people have said that is the longest route or theres loads of traffic that way it be better this way.

I have seen the advanced option where you can change speed of the roads. Does anyone know the best speeds to change them and does it make much difference ?

Any help appreciated thanks in advance
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTN2 will try to redirect you back onto your original course, even if you're half a mile away from it. This has been a good feature in the previous version because you could drive away from a motorway junction, due to an accident, and it will try to divert you back on at the next junction hopefully avoiding the traffic congestion. If you want to go a different route after avoiding congestion, then it's best to either use the Alternative Route option (which in most cases is the quickest), or block the road and similar roads next to it.

Regarding the two routes and road speeds, it depends on the roads you will be travelling for these routes. If one of the routes is B roads, and one A roads, you can increase the speed of the A roads and lower the speed of the B roads to get a route preferenced more towards the A road route. The problem is, it will affect all routes, not just the route you want to take, sometimes it can be a good thing wanting to preference an A road or a B road over a motorway, other times not, so you may have to chop and change, just remember the default settings.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: