Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can i add and remove seperate speed cams?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can i add and remove seperate speed cams?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Can i add and remove seperate speed cams? Reply with quote

Because i know alot of cams that has been either put up or taken down and just wondered if you could manually do it without downloading anything?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can.
Find the camera on "Browse map", remember it's ID number, then go to Preferences / Manage POI / Select the category (what it is called will depend on which set of files you've installed; speed-zoned camera type or all in one) / Delete POI / find it in the list.

Don't forget to report any changes you make though, so we all can share them next month.
mrtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that the one that springs to mind is the one on Burncross road sheffield, ( Truvello 143@30 ) this was removed i couldn't remember the other ones so ill wait till i pass them again sure it will be soon as im a taxi driver.

Another question is can i just add single camera's to spots that never had them before as there is ones on the M18 now towards Doncaster. If so how do i add them because i just stop on the motorway to add them
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how I do it...
Manually adding and reporting cameras.
Or there are two add-ons (POI Capture and Quickam) to make it less button presses to log a position, but at the moment you have to downgrade your firmware version to 5.202 to be able to use them.
whyme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Adding safety cameras to database Reply with quote

I am feeling very self satisfied at the moment as I've managed to add the fab POI capture utility to my TTG 300. It took the whole morning but as I am a complete computer dunce a little self congratulation is appropriate.

I am not yet savvy enough to know how to fully use this programme as I haven't been out on the road since I installed it but I would like to add an unreported safety cam to the database.

Is it possible to email the long/lat coordinates to someone or should I wait until I am next passing the camera, which may be months away, record the position on my TT and then figure out how to upload it?

If possible I would prefer to email the long/lat positions now so that the varification can be done sooner rather than later and everyone in the area can get the benefit of being in-the-know.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can report by Lat/Long
If you go to the Camera download/report page on the left of this screen ('Speed Cameras' in the 'Our Site' box) or HERE
there is a report by Lat/Long on the right, and a map to zoom in on at the bottom.
(This all might only appear once you have subscribed)
whyme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy_P2002 I've used your link and sent in an update.

On a slightly related subject, can you (or anyone else) tell me if this is correct...

Today I used the POI capture tool on my TT to record the position of an unreported redlight camera. I tested that the position was correct by driving by the camera shortly afterwards.

As I approached the camera I got my usual warning sound however, the icon on the display was not the redlight icon but a generic yellow camera icon.

While it is not a problem having the wrong icon (I would rather have a warning for the wrong type of camera than no warning at all) I was wondering if this is normal?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POICapture Addon uses the Yellow Coloured Icon for all cameras. It's the PocketGPSCamera.bmp.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
whyme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Oldboy.

I presume that the redlight camera icon will feature at the new location whenever a new safety cam download becomes available after the camera position is varified.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's correct.Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: