Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Sleeve, Unrecognized Card error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Sleeve, Unrecognized Card error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csdobson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman Sleeve, Unrecognized Card error Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a second hand Navman sleeve for my iPaq 3870. When ever I connect the sleeve I get an unrecognized card error. I have tried loads of sugestions that I have found on the web including the navman drivers. I did however read a thread in one article where a user had also been trying the drivers and eventually found out how to instll them correctly? I think the Navman I have may be one of the ones built for Compaq by Navman as the sleeve has 'iPAQ Navigation System' on it. The seriel code is 1-Y-A-97-0475 if that helps.

Regards

Chris Dobson
onbashi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navman Sleeve, Unrecognized Card error Reply with quote

The ipaq should have generic driver already installed to allow the use of the jacket and card

have you tried another CF card in it?

have you tried Formatting the CF card on a card reader for the PC?

have you tried a soft reset of the ipaq?

have you looked inside the jacket where the CF card plugs in to see if there are any bent pins?

Dave
Frequent Visitor

The iPAQ doesn't have a generic driver, you need to install the Navman sleeve driver to resolve the "unrecognized card" error. Navman Europe nolonger have the driver on their website, but Navman USA sitll do.

Goto Navman USA website and this will give you version 3.1.6 of the serial driver.

Once installed, remove the sleeve, soft reset the iPAQ, and when you're back to the today screen, put the sleeve on and you shouldn't then get the error.
onbashi
Regular Visitor

Oops! my appologies, I thought it did as I never had any problems with mine.

Sorry peeps...
csdobson
Occasional Visitor

Sorry havn't got back before now but iPaq was at my office over the weekend. I have tried the serial driver, it installs fine but I still get the error?
onbashi
Regular Visitor

does the sleeve error even without the card inserted?

if not you could try another card or try your card in a card reader for a pc.

hope i've helped this time
gambitgander
Regular Visitor

The problem is that you have the iPAQ Navigation System sleeve, which does not use the same driver as the Navman sleeve. You will either need to get your hands on a copy of Co Pilot, or if you have the Navman software, I'm sure Navman cansend you a copy of the driver.
stevegsxr600k1
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I borrowed a friends Navman 3000 GPS jacket and had exactly the same problem. I downloaded the GPSInfo Application from www.navman.co.uk - Support - GPS3000 - GPS 3000 Downloads. This installed the 3.1.1 Serial Driver and I never saw the error again. Hope this helps.

Steve
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Ah, what re-reading does! The Navman 3000 sleeve can be fixed by applying the Navman 3000 Serial Driver, but iNS sleeves from what I recall require a slightly different driver which is embedded within CoPilot. If you install CoPilot and then reinstall the app you're using for GPS this should rectify the problem. If it doesn't, you may have a dead sleeve.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: