Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - More about device not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

More about device not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albertrn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: More about device not working Reply with quote

I have searched for some information about my GPS device and think I got close to what I wanted to know with the thread 'medion gps device not working' but I can't find how to change the settings to try what is suggested.

I have a Medion PDNA 100 PDA and have acquired a card with TomTom 5 which shows all the mapping etc information you might expect but I'm getting a 'no gps device' message, as did absolutecooling who wrote to this forum on 1 September.

When I go to 'Settings' and then 'GPS' all I see is a status screen.

The GSP device works fine with the Navigator software that comes with the PDA. Have I bought a pup that won't work on my PDA? If not I would be eternally grateful if some kind person would talk me through the necessary steps in everyday language.
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomtom Nav. 5 for the pda comes on 7 cds. If 'and have acquired a card with TomTom 5' means you only have a SD card with the software on then it is likely that it is a pirate version (unless you purchased the wrong one from Tomtom) and this forum will not assist you. The moderators are strict about discussing pirate software and will lock any thread that attempts to do so.

Unless it is a legal version purchased in error then I suggest you try to get you money back & buy a legitimate version.

No doubt the moderators will say the same when they see your post.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it the maps of western europe that come on 7 cds the uk map only comes on an sd card it should work what com port are you useing i think it should be sp2 at abaud rate o 4800

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was the use of the word 'aquired' (often used to suggest 'not purchased from a legitimate source') that prompted me to reply.

I'm sorry if I 'jumped the gun' with the warning & in hindsight my post could have been worded better.

I was not aware that the pda software came on SD card, thought it was only the GO software that did.
albertrn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
it the maps of western europe that come on 7 cds the uk map only comes on an sd card it should work what com port are you useing i think it should be sp2 at a baud rate of 4800

The choices of GPS hardware offered on this PDA are:-
Other cable NMEA GPS
TomTom wireless GPS
TomTom cable GPS
Other bluetooth GPS

I selected the first one and the baud rate you recommend. I also tried the other hardware with the same baud rate.

I tried all the ports offered which are:-

sc2410 USB cable
com3
s2410 com2
s2410 com1
s2410 IRDA2410

In all cases I get the 'No GPS device' message. At some stage in the process I also get a message telling me that Com1 cannot be accessed. The PDA is set to turn on GPS automatically when Com1 is opened.

The 'factory reset' provides the message 'Failed to open COM port'

With the TomTom card in place I received a message from the Navigator program (while I was indoors) saying that a GPS receiver had been detected but a convenient GPS signal was not available. that the reception was obstructed (as you would expect) or the receiver was being initialised.

The GPS driver is v1.20

No doubt some of this information is irrelevant but I offer it in the hope that you can spot some clues as to what may be wrong.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: