Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Favoriates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Favoriates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaine260
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Favoriates Reply with quote

I own tomtom 5.1 and I was wondering is there a way to change how many favoriates are stored in tomtom 5.1 U.S. ? The reason I ask is that it told me that I had to manage my favoriates because I had run out of room to store the new ones I had tried to put in. When I can get the exact error message I can post it here... but is there a way to change tomtom to allow for more then what I have already.

Kaine260
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

Anyhow, you should store your favourite places in a separate POI category, not as favourites. there's no limit on the number of POIs, and you can backup the data easier.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Kaine260
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Poi's Reply with quote

How do I save the destination in a seperate poi?

Kaine260
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are at the destination, you can go into Browse Map, tap the arrow at top of Map Screen, zoom in to check cursor is at correct position.

If you are away from the destination, in Browse Map, tap the Find Icon and find destination in whatever way is best for you. Zoom right in.

Tap Navigate Icon | Add as POI | and add to previously created POI category.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
schneid
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Use S&T 2006 Reply with quote

I've found this easiest way to add POI Categories to TT5 is to locate them in Streets and Trips and save the file. A free program called POI Converter will convert the S&T ".est" file to a TT5 ".ov2". file. Find or create a 22x22 16bit ".bmp" file and neme it the same as your ".ov2" file, i.e., mypoi.ov2 and mypoi.bmp. Copy both to your TT5 map directory and you are in business.

It much easier to this on a big screen than on your PDA. Also, if you name a file My_POI.ov2 TT5 will display the title in its menu as "My POI".

My first one was created by searching all the coffee houses for my area in the Yellow Pages. I just copied and pasted the addresses into S&T, saved them, converted them, found a coffee cup ".bmp", and copied them to my PDA.

By the way S&T is $30.00 at BestBuy with a $10.00 rebate for upgraders.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: