Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3 (AcerN35)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3 (AcerN35)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodcubb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Destinator 3 (AcerN35) Reply with quote

Have installed the camera details (to favorites Auto Alert 1 & Auto Alert 2) and all seems fine. I would like to change the voice "Warning" - and have tried by creating a .wav file and placing it in the Voice/All folder. But without recognition success. Anyone tried installing a new voice warning/s - if so can you share with us how you did it. THANKS
Goodcubb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following on my earlier post I have in the meantime created and installed a revised voice warning for speed cameras. I am sure there are better ways to do this but for the benefit of those who might be looking to go down the same track - here's how it was done.

Record a voice warning as a .wav file on your PC. I used the sound recorder available on XP (in Assessories/Entertainment) no doubt you could use other recorder progs. I named the created wave file "Autoalert" and copied it to the PDA at - folder - My Pocket PC/ DestinatorApps/ Destinator/ Common/Interface/ Voice/ All. On my PDA the Auto Alert 1 (said as "favorites alert") is at file titled 141. I renamed that file 141X (to ensure I didnt lose the original) and renamed my file Autoalert to 141. Its works fine.

If you were really keen no doubt you could record and replace the whole voice set BUT dare I suggest you save the originals - just in case that is

PS - A friend (has same nav sat) is going to record his wife saying in strident tones "There's a camera ahead - I'm not going to tell you again". Think he needs treatment and sounds like he's going to get it next time he approaches a speed camera.
gorilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, ive just got an N35, where did you get the speed camera software from as mine didnt come with any? i only got the distinator software
Goodcubb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this site - click on speed cameras (at the top) for the monthly updated download

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: