Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new to sat nav... looking to purchase PDA and GPS software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new to sat nav... looking to purchase PDA and GPS software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt_hs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: new to sat nav... looking to purchase PDA and GPS software Reply with quote

up till now finding helpfull info on putting together an incar sat nav system have been fairly limted, im hoping you guys can help and point me in the right direction. as per title im looking to purchase and good spec PDA to use on a day to day basis for work and general use. i also want it to run GPS software.

so far ive been looking at the Dell x30 with blue tooth
Reciever wise ive been looking at the Globalsat 338 or the TOMTOM 5 / TOMTOM MOBILE BLUETOOTH GPS RECEIVER (SIRF STAR IIi CHIP)
and with these 2 i would like to run TT5.

can anyone give me some help on wether the above would be a good start? or maybe suggest some alternatives both for the wireless setup and maybe a wired setp to keep costs minimal?

thanks in advance
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom Bluetooth receiver is no longer made, instead they offer the MK II - second generation. It's as good as the BT-338 but lasts only 9 hrs (the 338 lasts 15).

You can't do much wrong with the pocket pc as long as it has bluetooth. If you fancy a VGA device look at the 50's series.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: