Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What is Tomtom's closest rival? Opinions please!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What is Tomtom's closest rival? Opinions please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: What is Tomtom's closest rival? Opinions please! Reply with quote

I'll quote Owen from another post to start with. What I'm really interested in, is the 'pros & cons' for each software system.

Tomtom seems to do it all (even if some is extra charge) but delivery is a problem and 'hands free' a possible problem. Navicore seems to be the closest rival to me, however Darren isn't keen on it's P910i implementation after being impressed with it on Nokias.

What do we all think?

carmex wrote:
No Problem Nords

To be honest, I don't think that anything else available for SmatPhones is as easy to use with as many advance features/add-ons. I haven't used a SE UIQ phone for a couple of years, or any UIQ software, but based on what I have seen/experienced on Symbian S60 and Windows SmartPhone I don't think you need look further than TomTom.

Wayfinder is an interesting proposition, but I've always felt more comfortable with having an on-board system.

From reading one of Darren's other posts he didn't seem to favour Navicore over TT - but it'll be interesting to read his review.

Cheers

Owen
Product Manager
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

YooNoo LTD
erniew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a c500 running tomtom 5 and destinator

i find the tomtom far more user friendly than destinator

tomtom has poi that are customisable along with the safety camera alerts that are easy to install
destinator doesnt have poi that can easily be set up by the user safety cameras can not be installed (havent found a way yet)

having used tomtom in this country i needed something that would work in france for my holidays so bought destinator maps software that used tt's bt reciever while in france destinator was ok but i would use tomtom everyime if i had had the choice daft things like when you plug the phone charger in destinator stopped speaking the directions on my phone didnt realise until on the out skirts of paris then had to drive without voice directions until i realised the charge lead caused the phone to think it was conected to handsfree

tomtom always speaks when the phone is being charged

i would agree with owen and say tomtom is the Driving you should buy it will be worth the wait

erniew
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Earnie, I think it will be Tomtom. Time to talk to Owen!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: