Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ttn 1 locking up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ttn 1 locking up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: ttn 1 locking up Reply with quote

can anyone help ttn1 is locking up after about 1 or 2 hour into jrney when i say it lock up the whole ppc freezes im using a jornada 568 with mmc battery 128 mmc card with uk map on and a pretec cf gps can any one help[

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: ttn 1 locking up Reply with quote

oh i forgot in useing gps assist latset version

device Lumia 950 xl
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I suggested the MMC battery and a MMC as a possible set up to someone with a Jornada and a CF GPS in this thread earlier this evening.

nicknick responded saying that this combination caused crashes with TomTom Navigator on his setup. It sounds like the MMC battery / MMC combination just isn't reliable enough for TomTom Navigator use, somewhat akin to the problems some have had with SD cards.

I suspect the only 'fix' is, as nicknick found, to put map data into main memory. That's going to be tight on many people's setups. You could try complaining to HP, but as the Jornadas and all their accessories are discontinued, I wouldn't be hopeful of a fix, particularly as the problem may simply be that MMC is not that fast anyway, and navigation software tends to put pretty high demands on your storage hardware.

Sorry this is not good news

David
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Taking GPSAssist off your setup may help. One of the Pocket PC staff has posted previously that GPSAssist doesn't work well on an older iPAQ for him. It may just lift the loading on your hardware sufficient to prevent crashing.

That's certainly worth trying before resigning yourself to it being a hardware problem.

David
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

aleast it frees up with sotf reset no fun in a 40 tonner

device Lumia 950 xl
nicknick
Regular Visitor

Alix,

As David has said this is exactly the problem I experienced.

I was alleviated a bit by formatting the MMC card with 16k clusters as suggested in another thread (using Storage Tools)

As I'd had it for a while I made the switch to an Axim and this is much better

PS. I wasn't using GPS Assist
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

right i think ive sorted this ive removed gpsdriver 2.05 and repladed it with version 1.36 this seams to have sorted the problem only stopped a couple of times since doing this on sunday afternoon did tarleton-wellingbourough-swindon-tarleton running with guidence and with out gps assist it seams to be fine for now wonder what will happen if i upgrade to nav2

device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: