Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fortuna Clip on nokia 6680 only works once
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fortuna Clip on nokia 6680 only works once

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Fortuna Clip on nokia 6680 only works once Reply with quote

I am trying to get tomtom 5 working on the nokia 6680 using a fortuna clip on BTGPS. The first time i start up it works and i can pair it. If I exit the application and reconnect whlist the GPS unit is still running. The tomtom app says "no gps device".

I am not sure what the problem is. The clip on unit appeas paired on the phone. However even when its working it does not show up under active connections.

One thing I can note is that, even when the app says "no gps device" the bluetooth light on the gps unit is on (well flashing dimly not like when connected to my PDA a solid blue light).

Only when I delete the paing on my phone and switch off the unit for a while and the phone can I get it to work and thats only the first time. (I cant keep doing this everytime I wanna use TOMTOM)?

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you solve it? Please can you help?

I ve tried removing the battery of the gps unit!
I ve tried selecting the Other GPS devices option on TOMTOM and connecting... Sad
pwhooftman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Fortuna Clip on nokia 6680 only works once Reply with quote

ruban wrote:

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you solve it? Please can you help?

I ve tried removing the battery of the gps unit!
I ve tried selecting the Other GPS devices option on TOMTOM and connecting... Sad

Well, i've got a completely different phone (Windows Mobile on SPV C500), but i experience exactly the same problem if i don't rename the paired gps to "BT GPS" . I have no idea if you can rename pairrings on a 6680, but who knows?
Also, make sure ttm files wih extension .cfg are not read-only.
jasper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: 6680 Reply with quote

Hello i Had the same problem tomtom would conect sometime and when i needed it ,it would not conect
but i've got the anser pair your bluetooth gps with the phone then when u start tomtom and get to the gray screen press the end key on your phone and it takes u back to the main phone screen
You will then see the bluetooth sign with brackets go to the tomtom start icon and start it again (its still running in the background)
Your GPS should be conected now.
Hope this helps !
ps on the 6680 you can have a bluetooth headset and gps conected at the same time. :P
ruban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Still problems wth fortuna clip on and 6680 tomtom mobile Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the help, I have tried your solution but it still has not solved the problem.

In fact your solution worked the first couple of times after i paired the fortuna clip on but then afer i switched it off and left it for a few hours I tried again but this time even though the blue light was active on the gps receiver the 6680 reported no gps device found!

I tried exactly what you suggested, i.e clicking the end button.. The brackets even came on and stayed fixed on the bluetooth symbol on the phone before I went back to tomtom app..

Please help give me more suggestions...
is it my phone or is it the receiver...

I suspect its the phone because it works perfectly fine on my ipaq 4150

any help would be much appreciated thanks
jasper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sorry its not working for u but sometime after using tomtom mob 5 i have to reset the phone as well .it then works till the next time it plays up.

Try starting tomtom first then go into GPS status window in settings ,then turn the GPS on that might work better for u.
Thats what i have to do now i've got the fortuna slim for some strange reason ????? but it works

P S if u use a bluetooth headset start that up first before u start tomtom or it gets mest up all together.

Hope this helps !

Nokia 6680
Fortuna Slim
TomTom Mobile 5
Jabra 250 Headset
Smile
ruban
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help jasper,

I ve tried everything but still the problem exists. I ll keep lookin at this thread for help\advise

My view is that if you pair the gps and phone for the first time/ or remove it and do it again it works fine provided the gps receiver has been reset. (i.e switched off for a couple of hours, but it varies).

Now provided your gps receiver is switched on and you start tomtom it works fine, it will continue to work fine as long as you stop tomtom by exiting the application.

However if the application exists in any other way or gps is switched off, or tomtom started without gps receiver, the connection plays up. It does not always happen but these are the times i have noticed the problem.

The funny thing is that the connection is there and I can see that there is a connection. Even if i remove the pairing whilst its connected it tries to reconnect, since there is a prompt the passcode...

anyway if any1 has experienced these probs and has a solution please help me!....

I am now thinkin of gettin the globalsat bt 338, will there be any probs like this with that one. I dont wanna go thru this all with that one as well. will that be trouble free? please let me know?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated!
Roberto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5789496063&rd=1

Works first time every time with my 6600 & 6680 on TTM5.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: