Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 User Manual & Great Britain Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 User Manual & Great Britain Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackRain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: TTN5 User Manual & Great Britain Maps Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm a bit of a new user to all this GPS technology and wonder if anyone can shed some light on a coupe of things.

Firstly, I have been using TTN5 for a few weeks now and wanted to get some more info on the different function available, however, I can't seem to access the user guide for TTN5 on the CD. I'm not sure if the file is corrupted in some way, but is it possible to download it from a website somewhere like you can with most product manuals ?

Secondly, I have noticed that there are 2 maps for Great Britain, one of which is a Plus map. What are the main differences between these maps(apart from size) and what do you recomend when using a 256mb SD Card.

Many thanks
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BlackRain,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

The official online TomTom Navigator 5 user guide can be found here. I don't think that there is a .PDF version yet, that can be downloaded although that would be nice! However you can always ask here, as we are a friendly forum! ;)

The Great Britain map is solely for Great Britain, whilst the Great Britain Plus map is Great Britain plus MRE (Major Routes of Europe). Barring map errors, both maps have detailed maps down to street level of Great Britain.

Which one you want will depend on whether you ever wish to travel to mainland Europe and the available space on your storage card, as the Plus map is bigger.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
BlackRain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply.

The Plus map appears to be 97mb bigger. As I rarely travel abroad by car, I think I will stick to using the standard Great Britain map.

With regards to the user manual, it would be nice to have a paper version to flick through at leisure rather than browsing the web each time (it won't let me print out the web pages). Could someone either email me a copy of their pdf version, or give me a link to where I might be able to download one.

Your help is much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Natter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: TTN5 manual Reply with quote

Concerning your questions about the user manual, here's my suggestion:

From the web-page reffered to by Privateer in a previous post, open the frame with the manual in a new window (if it's a problem with your browser, you'll find a direct link below). Now, you can either print it from here, or save it as a complete web-page (usually, 'Ctrl + S' will do that in most browsers). The HTML-file and the accompanying folder with files will take about 525Kb, so it should fit on the SD-card along with the program itself (you can access it with your PDA's web browser if needed).

If you have Adobe Acrobat Professional, HTML2PDF Pilot or similar software, it's easy to transform the downloaded HTML-document into a PDF-file as well (about 625Kb in size).

Depending on the page-settings, the printed manual will cover beween 30 and 45 pages (approx.). My printer has a duplex-unit and I fitted it all on 7 sheets of paper, printing 2 pages on each side (fully readable).

Here's a direct link for opening the TTN5 manual in a separate window:

http://www.tomtom.com/lib/doc/mob5_nav5/refman/UK/TomTom_manual.htm#switching

PS:
I can't find any reference on the TomTom site indicating there's a problem (regarding copyrights etc.) with the procedure I've described. Any corrections on this matter would be appreciated...
Brodit Active holder for Axim X51
Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX 610 BT/LAN
Brodit Active holder for LOOX 610
Arkon universal passive holder
2Gb Sandisk Extreme III SD & CF cards

HaiCom GPS:
HI-305III
HI-204E
BlackRain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.

The problem I had was when I selected Print Preview it only displayed the first page and you couldn't scroll through to see all the pages. Your link has solved this, thank you.

Is this the same as the manual that comes on the CD or just a cut down version ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: