Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No roadblock and avoid roads!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No roadblock and avoid roads!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No roadblock and avoid roads! Reply with quote

Hi,

Ok then, why is not my avoid roadblock icon active in Navigator menu? and also how do you actually specify the road numbers you want to avoid, I can see the area avoid menu, and bring up the box, but how can I avoid a specific road as shown on the examples on the TomTom website?

Best regards David
Scott
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: No roadblock and avoid roads! Reply with quote

The list of roads to avoid changes dynamically according to your planned route and current position.
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

So are you saying I cannot simply choose to avoid the M25 for example before I start a journey without going through the labourious process of "avoid area"?

Best regards David
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

I found that the roads do not seem to appear until you start the journey - the only way I have found is to use an avoid area. You can check this by trying Demo route...   :c(
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

Hi Steve,

Thats exactly what I found too, I think the TT website is a little misleading in that one aspect, I was expecting to be able to tell TT to avoid "M25" for example. Never mind, maybe they will listen to comments and juice up the next version even more rather than just fix bugs! Whatever, I still think this is a great piece of software and a hoot to use. I bought it as a toy really and it fullfills that roll wonderfully I can imagine using it for business can save hours during a working week of travelling.

Best regards David
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

I agree, it is a excellent "toy"... I am driving through France into Switzerland next week, that should put the European Maps through their paces. I was trying to avoid some of the Peages (pay motorways) in France but unfortunately......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: