Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom go 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom go 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markwolves1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: tomtom go 300 Reply with quote

hi.i have just got a tomtom go 300.i have noticed that you can get free speed camera downloads on here.does any one know if the go download will work on the 300?.also how do you install it,pretty new to all of this.
thanks for any help available.
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a 'sticky' thread above this one giving clear instructions for the TTG. No difference in the 300, it's basically identical to the original GO.
markwolves1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi.thanks for your help.when i unzip the file do i just have to add the ov2 bmp file and not everything else or do i have to add the complete unzipped file?.
thanks for your help.
stargazer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of files when you unzip...

Unzip them to a new folder then copy and paste the files that you want into the GB map folder on your ttg 300.

I suggest you copy the speed zoned files redlight file, specs file and their repective bitmaps... view the bitmaps as thumbnails there are lots to choose from... the bitmap that appears as a poi is the one with the same name as the ov2 file for the poi that you want.

Then you would be wise to add the sound file (data.chk) make sure you use the new one (4109_data.chk) to your main ttg folder and rename it data.chk after renaming the old data.chk file to something like old_dat.chk.

\it would be wise to back up your whole sd card to a folder on your pc before doing this.

I have a different sound file for the 300 which I am willing to send anyone who sends me a pm with their email...
stevehulluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, a new member here. i have just bought the ttg 300 & have tried to get the speed camera locations on my ttg 300. but when i go to my poi there is nothing there Sad i downloaded the files the pocket gps thingy, it a little yellow symbol on my desktop with a zip through it. i'm not to good with computers & it is baffling me Sad . do i just drag that full file into my great britain map?
Zuke
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevehulluk wrote:
hi, a new member here. i have just bought the ttg 300 & have tried to get the speed camera locations on my ttg 300. but when i go to my poi there is nothing there Sad i downloaded the files the pocket gps thingy, it a little yellow symbol on my desktop with a zip through it. i'm not to good with computers & it is baffling me Sad . do i just drag that full file into my great britain map?

Well, the sticky post refered to further up this thread is really very clear. If you have read it and still don't know what to do, I suggest you find someone with better PC skills to help. There is a history of new 300 owners wrecking their SD cards, and TT do not give you a way of starting afresh with the 300.
It is essential to do a full backup copy of the card to the PC before you try anything Exclamation
stevehulluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you was right, just broke the blooody thing. i tried downloading the new software from the tomtom go site 5.1 version or something & now i just have the tomtom sign with the hands and it won't turn off. back to currys it goes Evil or Very Mad only had it 2 days Sad
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevehulluk wrote:
yes you was right, just broke the blooody thing. i tried downloading the new software from the tomtom go site 5.1 version or something & now i just have the tomtom sign with the hands and it won't turn off. back to currys it goes Evil or Very Mad only had it 2 days Sad

Try doing a reset with the paper clip. It sometimes works.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
stevehulluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reset doesn't work mate, my mate has managed to get it going again. god knows how he managed that Confused but still struggling with the speed camera installation Sad
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that the SD card is full. If you backed up the SD card, you could try copying from the backup. This would put you back to V5.0 and running.

The Safety Camera POI should be in the map folder. Check it's in the right place.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
stevehulluk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back from picking it up & the genius has sorted it all out & speed camera's are working too. i must learn not to touch things i don't understand Embarassed
tals
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the TTG 300 - adding the camera poi files is fine, when you add the voice data.chk however I would recommend backing the old one to the PC NOT to the SD Card as suggested. This is because it really has very little space to play about with and the data.chk being 1mb can sometimes shove it over the limit to being full.

Tals

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: