Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - decided in PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

decided in PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: decided in PDA Reply with quote

i have decided to purchase the Dell Axim X30 standard PDA. What should I use in order to get GPS to work?TOM 3 ?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom is a very good choice, but I would wait a couple of weeks because an updated version, TomTom5, with newer maps, is about to be released
Robin
frostman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean the Dell AximTM X50v is the one im purchasing. Ok if i wait for the updated version do i buy the bluetooth version and will it be compatibile with my PDA. sorry for the newbie questions!
frostman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have now purchased the Dell X30 and Holux GR-231 Bluetooth GPS . Do i now need map software?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you will need software, and some sort of car mount for the PDA. You can get one which sticks to the windscreen using a suction mount, or others which fix to the air vent. Either should have a cradle that the PDA will drop into, so that it can get power from your cigar lighter.
There are lots of different softwares available, all costing something over £100. Read these forums to find out what users think. As you can see from the number of posts, TomTom is by far the most widely used, but they use maps by TeleAtlas, which are regarded as slightly inferior to those provided by NavTech, the other UK provider. But CoPilot, which uses NavTech maps, has come in for a lot of criticism on the forum. You must make up your own mind after reading what others say, but I am very happy with TomTom and intend to upgrade to TomTom 5 when it comes out in a couple of weeks time.
Robin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: