Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need your help again.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need your help again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baffled
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Need your help again. Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Need your help.

I am a total novice and want to install the extra POI's, speed camera database etc to make the most out of the TTG.

What I want to know is:

1. what is the best SD card to buy 256, 512 or 1mb?

2. Exactly (and I mean detailed) how do you install on a new SD card?

What do I need to be carefull off?

etc etc etc.

Thanks to all in advance.

Spikey (aka Baffled)
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size of card will depend on how many maps you want to put on it. If you just want Britain you can get the camera data on the original card, if you take off some voices (use the CD).

256 will take GB and the major roads of Europe map - maybe a bit tight in future if you add lots of big PoI lists..

512 is plenty unless you want detail maps of other countries.

1mb - hope you mean 1Gb 8O
gingernut777
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:

1mb - hope you mean 1Gb 8O

I think he's found a good "Compression" program!!!!.

Laughing
Old_Phil
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you use the SD card you have until such time as your need for more and more POIs require a card upgrade.

If you remove all except two of the voices (insert CD and autorun is easiest way to do this, follow on screen instructions looping round until all you have left is Tim & Jane - if you accidently delete a voice you want it's easy to re-install from the CD) you will have plenty of room for the full Speed Camera database with the special warnings created by Lutz and more besides.

I only add POIs I know I will use - if you are not going to enable them on screen why load them to memory - and why clutter the screen with icons. I find cash points and petrol stations is pretty well all I need plus the cameras. All fits very nicely on my original SD card - and why spend money un-necessarily?!!

Get used to using your GO as a tool rather than a toy. Then, if your need for more and more POIs or maps means you run out of SD RAM, then go buy a replacement and copy your existing files across.

BTW - I keep a complete and updated image of my SD card on my PC. Just in case. If I every do upgrade my card all I have to do is cut'n'paste this image back across.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: