Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigating to a town without an exact address
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigating to a town without an exact address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Navigating to a town without an exact address Reply with quote

I was driving around on a short break recently and wanted to go to a certain town. I didn't have an exact address, and after I entered a town (city) name into TTN4 (I'm using the Palm version), it then insists on a road name, and of course I didn't know one!

I thought that maybe I could browse for one (since the place I wanted to go was pretty small with only a handful of roads) but it then pulls up a huge laundry list of roads, many of which seem to bear no relation to the town with completely different postcodes.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In TT3 you just delete any entry for the road and OK, and it takes you to the centre of the town - might be worth a try.....

Steve
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not possible in TTN4. You have to select a road to progress to the next screen (house number/junction).
Mr-B
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this new article on the TomTom support site (they seem to have added quite a few new articles since I last looked)!

"If you want to navigate to a city without entering a specific street name or if you want to simply navigate to a city centre, then you can do it as follows.

1. Select "Navigate to…" in the options menu.
2. Select "Address"
3. Enter the first letters of the city name and select the city or town you want to go to from the list.
4. When prompted to enter a street name, enter the city name again.
5. A list of matching street names will appear as well as the city name. By selecting the city name a route will be planed to the city centre."

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: