Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - My woo woos won't come back
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

My woo woos won't come back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heebeegeetee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: My woo woos won't come back Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have TT 3 (i think) loaded on an Ipaq 2210. I suffered a total loss of TT data after not using the ipaq for some time. A mate of mine has had the same happen.

I eventually got everything back on and working. Took me a while 'cos aforementioned mate loaded everything last time, but he's away at the 'mo. Anyway, its been a usefull lesson for me, learning how to download it all, how it all works, finding my way around the TT cds, loading checkpoint and extra poi's etc.

The only problem I have now is that I can't get the sound warnings for the speed cameras to work. Can't figure it out at all. I've loaded checkpoint, as I say, have speed limit icons in place, which I didn't have before, but have no audible warnings.

Can someone please tell me why not?

Many thanks
Heebee.
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the checkPOInt programme, then click on the icon at the bottom of the screen and click on Overlay settings. Choose the appropriate POIs you want warning for, and click on Properties. Fairly straight forward from there......

Regards,

Steve
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: My woo woos won't come back Reply with quote

Heebeegeetee wrote:
The only problem I have now is that I can't get the sound warnings for the speed cameras to work. Can't figure it out at all. I've loaded checkpoint, as I say, have speed limit icons in place, which I didn't have before, but have no audible warnings.
Can someone please tell me why not?
Many thanks
Heebee.

Read this http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=16308
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sounds files are available from the checkpoint website http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Heebeegeetee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Thanks for your help. I've found I don't have any WAV files on my ipaq. I downloaded checkpoint from PoiEdit, which doesn't seem to have WAV files. Am I right?

I've got them in Zip format, but, being a PC thicko, I can never get on with Winzip. Always seems unecesarily complicated to me, so have always avoided it. It seems to me that I can only get them in zip format, so will try to download them.

Can I get the wav files without using Winzip?
Heebeegeetee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've extracted the wav files from the zip file into a file on my PC. Zip wouldn't allow me to copy them straight into a file on my Ipaq.

I seem to have copied the wav files from my PC into a file on my Ipaq. Using Activesync I can see the wav files in the Checkpoint folder.

I can't set the sound warnings up as per the instructions in the link given in xda's post. Searching around the Ipaq, I can't find any wav files anywhere?

What am I doing wrong?

Deeply grateful for your help guys, its very maddening having to do all this just 'cos I didn't use the Ipaq for a week or so. Will have to make sure I keep the Ipaq in its cradle when I'm not using it.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heebeegeetee wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks for your help. I've found I don't have any WAV files on my ipaq. I downloaded checkpoint from PoiEdit, which doesn't seem to have WAV files. Am I right?

Go to this link, all the .wav files are there as individual files.

http://home.btconnect.com/Graham-associate/
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have some sound files (Alarms, etc) in you IPAQ 'Windows' folder. However, the best place to save them to in my opinion is the Memory card. You can navigate to the location you have stored them in when setting up CheckPOInt properties.

You would do well to back up your IPAQ when you get it working, but as you have a 2210, you will probably find the restore will not work. Best to purchase Sprite software for $10 which is an upgrade to the existing 2210 back-up software. There is a way around it, especially if you have a wired GPS unit.

Steve
Heebeegeetee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xda wrote:
Heebeegeetee wrote:
Hi All,

Go to this link, all the .wav files are there as individual files.

http://home.btconnect.com/Graham-associate/

Ah, thats a good one, and these seem to have loaded up. I'll have to try it tomorrow and see.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: