Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Backing up of SD Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Backing up of SD Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Backing up of SD Card Reply with quote

It occurred to me today while I was installing the latest Safety cameras that I haven't a clue as to how to back up my SD Card in case it all goes to pieces.

I assume that I want to copy everything in the Storage Card folder onto my Hard Drive. If that's right, do I then simply copy it all back on if the Card needed reinstalling?

Should I copy any of the other folders/files onto my hard drive or are they all on the CD's that came with the unit?

[/url]
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Simon1

Yes just copy it to a folder on your HD, but if you do ever copy it back, sometimes the nav system cannot see them, what i have found is that you need to make sure that the files on your HD when copying back to the card are not shown with any properties, e.g., if you right click the files before copying them back to card, make sure the Attributes are all clear, not Read Only or anything else and all should work OK.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Thanks! Any other files you suggest copying to the HD?
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Simon1

What other files, well i regularly back up my whole system using ActiveSync - Tools - Full Backup, only takes a couple of minutes, then if you do a hard reset you can put all back in one go, after a hard reset just make sure that Regional Settings are set back to your normal region before using the ActiveSync Restore otherwise it will not restore.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!! :P
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got around to backing everything up tonight but when using ActiveSync, I went to tools/backup and restore. The Full Backup was checked but the file to save it into was greyed out. When I attempted the backup all I got was "Backup: Disk Full". I'm now doing an old fashioned copy of the SD card to the C drive which is taking a looong time.

What exactly is stored on the rest of the files that aren't under SD Card in the Navman menu?

Any idea why aSync isn't working properly?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: