Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM traffic plug in
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM traffic plug in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bashi007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM traffic plug in Reply with quote

Hi

I have downloaded the traffic plug in, and activated it on the website. But the traffic option on my phonre (c500) is greyed out so i can't select it. otherwise verything works , just cant get the traffic working. i'm on a 1 month trial.

any ideas? thanks in advance
JUSTSPEED
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: tom tom traffic Reply with quote

hi there i I have the nokia 6600, with tom tom mobile, and am having problems putting the tom tom traffic program on, i am on the t-mobile network can anyone help here.

many regards
v
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update Bashi007? I have exactly the same problem on my i-mate SP3i (brother of the C500).

I have tried allsorts but can't get the greyed out option to be selectable for TomTom Traffic.

I have checked that my GPRS works to the Internet with webpages and Mail working fine.

Anyone else with any ideas ...... all gratefully received.

John
pcb007
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, but due to a faulty gps receiver i could not use anything and the traffic option was greyed out, once i received my new receiver and connected on to gps properly it then turned itself on. In the meantime i had logged a support ticket with Tom Tom there reply is as follows

1. Are you using a TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver (you can not use a third party receiver)

2. Did you make sure the receiver is turned on before you start the application?

3. Once the application is running you need to wait until its paired automatically with Bluetooth. This can sometimes take up to 3 minutes

Hope this helps

Paul
japester36
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,

I had no problem with the GPS connecting and navigation was OK but it was just the Traffic option.

Well you were spot on with #1. I was using my Fortuna ClipOn and not the TomTom Wireless GPS. I switched to the TT and lo...... Traffic became selectable and I can now use my subscription.

It's much faster on the Smartphone than using a PPC with Traffic.

Anyway, I thought I would do a test and deleted my TT GPS from the Smartphone and now paired with the ClipOn again but called it TomTom Wireless GPS and now the Traffic option works still. It may even have worked straight from the off if I had named the ClipOn as the TomTom.

This means I can now leave the TT in the Wife's car and the ClipOn can go with me in mine and when I travel abroad. Perfect!

Thanks again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: