Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - fix blue led when connected
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

fix blue led when connected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ex-blind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: fix blue led when connected Reply with quote

Hi
My Fortuna BT GPS's battery pack last no more than 4,5h
(almost brand new)
I notice (compared to another one from a friend of mine) my GPS, when connected, shows a fix blue led all the time
On the contrary the other one shows a blinking blue led (as suggested on the manual)

Did anybody experienced the same issue?
Could someone help?
Thank you
ciao
8O
BT GPS+ IPaq rx3115+ TT3+ TT3.07 drivers
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you and your friend swap GPSes? The issue could be linked to your Pocket PC or GPS configuration rather than the GPS hardware itself.

David
ex-blind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Hi,
yes I did it, and I found the problem come from my PPC or from the TomTom 3.07 drivers
I can't image the problem coming from the PPC itself (Do you?)
...so until a new drivers release from TomTom, no chance!
actually HP has just released a new ROM for the rx3115 with an update also for BT drivers, but i read really bad opinions concerning this update !!

It could be nice find only the drivers and .dll and copy them into the WIN directory to see what happens

Just to be shure: are you using the drivers 3.07 and your Fortuna blue led blink?
thank you
ciao
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup is exactly as in my signature - I'm using GPS 3.07 and the light on my Clip On definitely blinks. What Bluetooth stack version do you have on your iPAQ? My hx4700 has version 1.5.0 build 2000 (look in the About tab of Bluetooth Settings)

I'm using the "TomTom Wireless GPS" option, which allows TomTom Navigator to configure the GPS to its wishes. That option assumes a SiRF chipset GPS in NMEA mode at 38400bps, which is exactly what the Clip On is at default settings in either mode.

David
ex-blind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DavidW
I checked and found: BT-PPC ver.1.5.0 build 1600
for WIN CE

... may I ask you if is possible for you send me all the BT*.* files in the PPC WINDOWS directory?
so I can substitute them and try again
I get the same stable connection (but fixed blue led Confused )with all these setting:Tomtom Wireless GPS, NMEA0183v2, NMEA0183v2 Bluetooth

thank you
ciao
ex-blind 8O
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't just copy across Bluetooth DLLs as there's part of the stack that's hardware specific. There may well also be Registry changes between versions. Finally, a soft-loaded Bluetooth stack tends to consume a large chunk of memory.

I fear the only way ahead is to try the ROM upgrade. I gather the new rx3115 ROM has Windows Media Player 10, which may be worthwhile in itself, also a later Bluetooth stack.

I can't find too much written against the ROM upgrade - what I could find using Google is probably from people that have restored their device after upgrading, rather than reinstalling everything. The pain of a ROM upgrade is that you often have to reinstall everything - the benefit is that that can be an opportunity to clear out all the junk Pocket PCs tend to accumulate.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: