Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quality of TomTom 3 on Tungsten T3 / T5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality of TomTom 3 on Tungsten T3 / T5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Quality of TomTom 3 on Tungsten T3 / T5 Reply with quote

My ageing Ipaq 3870 is, well, ageing, and I'm considering purchasing a new GPS. Does anyone have experience of TTN3 on the Palm? My main question is: is the voice loud enough on a Tungsten T3 or T5? Does it even work on the T5?

Also, I have a tomtom bluetooth receiver - will this work with the palm? Can I just purchase new TomTom navigator software for use on the palm?

In case you're wondering, I just don't like pocket PCs.

Thanks

Anthony
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't run TomTom Navigator 3 on a Pocket PC; you'd have to get the Palm OS version of TomTom Navigator. I don't think there's any way of crossing over from one version to another - but you could address that question to TomTom.

David
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
You can't run TomTom Navigator 3 on a Pocket PC; you'd have to get the Palm OS version of TomTom Navigator. I don't think there's any way of crossing over from one version to another - but you could address that question to TomTom.
David

I realise that the palm version is different. I suppose I could ask the retailer, but what I really need to know is if anyone else has experience of the tungsten t3 ot t5 - is tomtom loud enough to hear, and is the quality good? I've heard a different navigator package on a tungsten E and it sounded pretty awful.

Thanks
Anthony
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hegedusa wrote:

I realise that the palm version is different. I suppose I could ask the retailer, but what I really need to know is if anyone else has experience of the tungsten t3 ot t5 - is tomtom loud enough to hear, and is the quality good? I've heard a different navigator package on a tungsten E and it sounded pretty awful.

Thanks
Anthony

On my T3 it's certainly loud enough and very clear. There's a tiny bit of distortion at higher volumes but you probably won't notice it in a moving car.

What was the other package you heard?

Glenn.
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proctog wrote:
hegedusa wrote:

Thanks
Anthony

On my T3 it's certainly loud enough and very clear. There's a tiny bit of distortion at higher volumes but you probably won't notice it in a moving car.

What was the other package you heard?

Glenn.

I can't remember I'm afraid! I just saw it very briefly for a few seconds.

Would you say there are any reliability or other issues using the t3?

Thanks, Anthony
proctog
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hegedusa wrote:

I can't remember I'm afraid! I just saw it very briefly for a few seconds.

Would you say there are any reliability or other issues using the t3?

I've only got TomTom today so can't really comment yet! I've been using Mapsonic up to now; Tomtom seems better at first glance.

Hardware-wise, for navigation the T3 is very good - the sound's loud and clear and the ability to have it in portrait or landscape mode (if your mount allows) is a real plus.

The only downside is the battery life - you really need external power if you're going to use it for any length of time in the car.

Glenn.
andrewh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using TT for Palm on a T3 for five months now. I use it almost daily and am absolutely delighted with it. It is perfectly loud enough at 200 kph with the radio on if rather distorted as you need to put the volume pretty high for fast autobahn work. In normal driving use it is absolutely clear.

My only gripe is that when used walking around, you cannot set it into walking mode (So it still navigates you around one way systems (Not hard to see so not a big problem). Other little issue is tha tthe battery on the Pam does not last long if you are not using a cradle.

Great system, especially now that 4.4 allows POI databases to be managed. I love the Palm system as I do not have to worry about all the horrors of TWWOS (The world's worst operating system) in its worst form!

HTH
Andrew

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: