Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Route Found Issue....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Route Found Issue....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: No Route Found Issue.... Reply with quote

Planned a route accross europe using Major Roads of Europe and from that set up an itinary representing key stops. That worked fine.

I have since attempted to use the Deutschland Map and germany itinerary elements to get an improved detail on the route POIs etc. but it reports 'No Route Found'.

How can this be the case if it still works on Major roads of Europe? Confused

I hope i'm doing something daft and it's not a real problem!
SatMap
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been through every 'Drive By' along the route I set in the itinery. I may have found a few things.

1) I'd attempted to set up a single Itinerary for the whole journey, and use the local are maps to find services \petrol off the main route.
This doesnt appear to work, unless i'm doing something wrong. I have now reverted to one per country and i'll switch on route.

2) Found a start point from a previous attempt was still set part way into the route. Even though I had set the first Driveby as the start, it mustn't have updated. I removed this and set it at the Belguim \ Germany border.

3) One of the Drive By's was set on the wrong carriageway.

4) I'd used a 'Rest Stops' symbol location as a drive by, one appeared to be located off the motorway (but it isnt, I have been there before) so I moved the DB to the slip road.

I now get a route calculated and displayed but only after No 4) was amended.

Bear in mind that the route worked on Major Roads of Europe. It appears that routes planned using itinerarys on MRE are not directly transferable.
It would be great if 'breaks' in the route were displayed i.e. driveby 3 and driveby 4 dont link.

Anyone out there got experience of routes that cross map borders?
SatMap
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set up an Itinerary across Europe using MRE. If I load this Itinerary when in the Swiss map it automatically greys out the Driveby's in France etc and calculates the route over that part in Switzerland.

You need to be very careful in locating the drivebys, as you have probably found, but with the greater detail in the Germany map over the MRE map, I cannot see why you are having problems. I would understand if it was the other way round, and you were trying to load Drivebys set up in the German map into MRE, s there is far less detail and many roads do not exist..... You are using drivebys and not multiple destinations?

Steve
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definately the DriveBys causing the problems. I had set drivebys at various Rest Areas. TT3 seems to get confused at the Belgian \ German border. If I take out the DriveBys near the border it works!

Trying the single itineray method (with rest area drivebys) produces this:-

BTW, the route starts in Calais port ends on the German Czech border on the B303 \ E48. 571 miles

Doing it that way, the route displays in MRE. If I switch maps:-
1) to France. Route displays to Belgian border
2) to Benelux. Route displays to German border
3) to Germany. route does not display, it only shows driveby location numbers.

The only other way to get the DriveBys, that I need included, has been to use Multiple destination for each country. But that just complicates the use on route. Keeping it simple works but doesnt allow me to easily ID the next rest area on route.

Hay ho.....
SatMap
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom's response to the same question..... (someone must be working on Saturday!) Wink

Quote:
Dear Mr xxx,
If you write an itinerary for the major roads of europe this will only work for this particular map because this map is not a full detailed country map. Country map itineraries work with those country maps on which they were made. We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction. With best regards, The TomTom Customer Support Team

So it appears that they do not intend you to use cross border itineraries unless solely using MRE.
Their solution is to:-
1) Create a general itinerary in MRE. If it works for each country along the route great but dont depend upon it. Test before use.
2) If there are issues, you'll have to create country specific intieraries for the same route.

With the lack off 'real borders' in the EEC how do Europeans handle cross border route planning other than this? Is there another solution?

Hey ho..... again.........
SatMap
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Via Michelin and plan the border crossings that way. I do not like using MRE anyway after getting lost a couple of times in France this year due to deviations taking me off the Major route. You end up going across a blank space!!

I now switch maps Laughing

Steve

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: