Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Always use your eyes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Always use your eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickeady
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject: Always use your eyes Reply with quote

Reminder to always use your eyes to check roadsigns, speed limits etc in addition to Cameralert. Recently got a ticket for 38mph in a 30mph zone. The cameralert warning said 40mph. Can't complain because it was me that submitted it incorrectly in the first place. After the ticket I went back to the location in Basildon, Essex in disbelief and found there was a small section that went from 40 - 30 to 40 with a camera in the middle. Got my online speed awareness course coming up. Take care everyone!
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true.
Today, leaving my village the narrow road winds a bit and I was following three cars which were following a bike. The three cars overtook the bike on blind bends Shocked but I was happy to continue following the bike for some distance knowing there were further bends ahead within a 30 limit and, today, in the middle of which was a camera van! Never seen a van at that location before so was pleased to have been unable to pass the bike. Whilst I observe limits the temptation to pass the bike could have put me over the limit as I did so.

Camera reported Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: