Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Specs warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs warnings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksfish wrote:
I made 2 passes through Wilstead today using a S8 and last weeks update. Bedford bound the cameras appeared and the speeds were correct all the way through and switched off. Clophill bound, the speeds were present all the way through, but there was no end zone (marked as end on submission map). I notice there is also no end zone on the Cotton End Road. I believe they are permanent, only because the posts are blue which is what they seem to use on full time cameras, instead of all yellow posts for temporary. I'm sure they have been there for a while anyway, certainly before the A6 was shut.

Do any average speed cameras have end zones on 'side roads' leaving a zone? All those that I can think of around Bedford and elsewhere do not.
Knowing how Bedford BC is 'camera obsessed' it's almost certain those cameras in Wilstead will remain in place when the roadworks are finished.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newer Specs camera locations are proving a pain.

When they were just motorways with few exits it was easy to place the 'exitspecs' required.

Now with them appearing in towns with many exits it's far more complex and requires local knowledge submission map input.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
Newer Specs camera locations are proving a pain.

When they were just motorways with few exits it was easy to place the 'exitspecs' required.

Now with them appearing in towns with many exits it's far more complex and requires local knowledge submission map input.

Thank you.

Interestingly, the specs in Milton Ernest (Bedford) have a T set-up with a camera on Radwell Road apparently linked to the cameras on the A6 at each end of the village. Quite how it works is a mystery as exiting Radwell Road onto the A6 requires a stop at the junction which would remove almost any chance of the average speed exceeding the 30mph limit whether turning north or south. Next time I'm that way I'll see if the average speed remains on-screen after turning from/onto the A6.

Are there any other junction inclusive specs?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: