Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
Read the current newsletter! Weekly
Newsletter
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
MacFixer, the iPhone, iPod, and iPad specialists
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mydrive connect update ./ connection issues.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mydrive connect update ./ connection issues.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 221
Location: Surrey - UK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Mydrive connect update ./ connection issues. Reply with quote

More recently I keep getting the TT we are busy, try again later messages. This goes on for ages until I then had to ring them. Some guy gave me a load of waffle about resetting something or other but he sorted it. Until of course I tried to do the updates again. I got there eventually this time by logging out then back in to the account a couple of times and also reconnecting to the computer etc.

This has been going on a while. Clearly something is wrong and I do not think it is my end. Anybody else experiencing all this time and time again. I am not a serial updater but when I do try I would like to be able to connect as I should. TT has always been glitchy with online connections. I can download my PGPSW updates ok though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 221
Location: Surrey - UK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am surprised that nobody has had the same issue or responded but ............. IF it helps anybody else then this has been repeating itself every time I try an update. What I find DOES work though is to open mydriveconnect with the TT attached then log out. Close it then reopen then log back in and the updates download as they should. Pain yes? Insurmountable, no.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johnnym100
Regular Visitor


Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posts: 83
Location: Hampshire/Surrey Border

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hectorsgaf wrote:
Well I am surprised that nobody has had the same issue or responded but ............. IF it helps anybody else then this has been repeating itself every time I try an update. What I find DOES work though is to open mydriveconnect with the TT attached then log out. Close it then reopen then log back in and the updates download as they should. Pain yes? Insurmountable, no.


Yes, a couple of us had had the same issue discussed here (but without solution). https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=99144

Downloaded perfectly using this technique. Great workaround - thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shires999
Lifetime Member


Joined: Nov 09, 2006
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know it's been a few months since this post was written but I was getting the same error so tried this workaround and worked a treat.

Wonder if this can be made a pinned post as others must be getting this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 221
Location: Surrey - UK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shires999 wrote:
Well I know it's been a few months since this post was written but I was getting the same error so tried this workaround and worked a treat.

Wonder if this can be made a pinned post as others must be getting this?


Glad it worked for you. Nice to be able to give something back to a forum that has been so good to me in the past.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member


Joined: Jun 22, 2004
Posts: 313
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having this problem over the past week regardless of time of day, and then today I had an email from TomTom about reconnecting which needless to say was just another ad trying to get me to buy a new device. I was just on the verge of sending them a rather aggressive email when I thought, Let's try checking on Pocket GPS World forum where I posted a year or so ago with the same problem. I found this thread and tried it, worked perfectly. So TomTom if you do read this, how about getting your servers to work properly and stop trying to sell me a new device. Your older devices are far superior to your current offerings!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hectorsgaf
Regular Visitor


Joined: Aug 31, 2005
Posts: 221
Location: Surrey - UK

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
I was having this problem over the past week regardless of time of day, and then today I had an email from TomTom about reconnecting which needless to say was just another ad trying to get me to buy a new device. I was just on the verge of sending them a rather aggressive email when I thought, Let's try checking on Pocket GPS World forum where I posted a year or so ago with the same problem. I found this thread and tried it, worked perfectly. So TomTom if you do read this, how about getting your servers to work properly and stop trying to sell me a new device. Your older devices are far superior to your current offerings!



Another satisfied customer. Excellent. Still annoying but at least this works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
18.054 (27 May 20)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping