Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Extracting Data From MapSettings.cfg
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Extracting Data From MapSettings.cfg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Extracting Data From MapSettings.cfg Reply with quote

Trying to get my favourites from MapSettings.cfg to transfer to a .csv for my Garmin. Googled and all the links are dead. Is there anything out there that replaces poiedit ?

edit: rummaged through some old stuff on my computer and found a download of poiedit from 2009 Thumbs Up
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Extracting Data From MapSettings.cfg Reply with quote

molerat wrote:
Trying to get my favourites from MapSettings.cfg to transfer to a .csv for my Garmin. Googled and all the links are dead. Is there anything out there that replaces poiedit ?

edit: rummaged through some old stuff on my computer and found a download of poiedit from 2009 Thumbs Up

As far as I'm aware PoiEdit 2007 was the only app that was able to extract favourites and previous destinations stored in the TomTom mapconfig.cfg file.
I learned this very early on when I had a TomTom GO 500 so stored my favourites in their own POI file ever since.
This makes it far easier to move/import them to different devices e.g. Locus Map, Garmin & Sygic etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: