Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - French Yellow Vests Blamed For Rise In Road Deaths
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

French Yellow Vests Blamed For Rise In Road Deaths

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: French Yellow Vests Blamed For Rise In Road Deaths Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Source

Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

So called "yellow vest" protesters in France have been blamed for a rise of deaths on the roads.

They destroyed hundreds of speed cameras (60% of the country's total number of devices) in protest at, among other things, new speed limits - the French government lowered the speed limit on the country's B-roads.

There was a significant rise of 17% in fatal road accidents in February. 253 people died, that is 37 more than in the same month last year.

The yellow vests movement began in France in November 2018 following an online petition posted in May that attracted nearly a million signatures. The movement is mostly motivated by rising fuel prices, high cost of living, and claims that a disproportionate burden of the government's tax reforms were falling on the working and middle classes.

The protests have involved riots, demonstrations and the blocking of roads and fuel depots.
email icon

Underdog
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: French speed limits Reply with quote

Just read this article and as I'm off to France with my Caravan, I better look up the new speed limits. They would wait until I get a new car that's capable of pulling a caravan faster than the speed limit. I just hope the fuel of choice in France is still Diesel.....
Thanks for the heads up guys.....
If I find any new speed camera locations, I will be sure to log them in to you on my return....

Kind regards and safe driving
PS
Has anyone heard how the government and local councils will fill the financial void left by no speed cameras catching anyone after 2022 speed limiters come in?
Answers below please.....!
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: French speed limits Reply with quote

Underdog wrote:
Just read this article and as I'm off to France with my Caravan, I better look up the new speed limits. They would wait until I get a new car that's capable of pulling a caravan faster than the speed limit. I just hope the fuel of choice in France is still Diesel.....
Thanks for the heads up guys.....
If I find any new speed camera locations, I will be sure to log them in to you on my return....
.....!

If your vehicle GTW exceeds 3500kg then the autoroute limit is 90kph when towing.

Check the diesel pump bio content as B10 is available as well as B7.
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: French Yellow Vests Blamed For Rise In Road Deaths Reply with quote

News Team wrote:

So called "yellow vest" protesters in France have been blamed for a rise of deaths on the roads.

They destroyed hundreds of speed cameras (60% of the country's total number of devices) in protest at, among other things, new speed limits - the French government lowered the speed limit on the country's B-roads.

There was a significant rise of 17% in fatal road accidents in February. 253 people died, that is 37 more than in the same month last year.

The following quote attempts to show reasons for the February increase.

In recent months, to explain the poor results, many road safety actors highlight the degradation of the fixed speed cameras as a cause that has led to higher speeds on the roads and therefore the increase in the number of accidents.

However, when the number of out-of-service cameras was even higher, the months of November and December saw the number of road deaths drop.

For the month of February, the reason for this large increase may be attributed to the exceptional weather that led to an increase in travel, especially since it was a school holiday period.

In fact, with more cyclists on the roads with these spring temperatures have been hit hard with 18 deaths, the highest number in the last 10 years. Mortality is also rising sharply for pedestrians.

The road safety record for February 2019 is all the more disappointing when compared to the exceptional results for February last year. In comparison with the best results recorded in the same month since 2010, there were 364 accidents and 461 fewer injuries. Only the death toll (216 deaths) was higher than the best results recorded in 2017 and 2012 (204 deaths).

Nevertheless, the balance sheet of February 2018 is one of the worst recorded in recent years

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: