Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2nd Batch Of Speed Cameras Removed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Batch Of Speed Cameras Removed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: 2nd Batch Of Speed Cameras Removed Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Get Speed Camera Warnings For SatNavs
Get Speed Camera Warnings For iOS (iPhone and iPad)
Get Speed Camera Warnings For Android (phones and tablets)

Temporary average speed cameras that recorded 1,300 speeding drivers have been removed from the A90 in Scotland.

The point-to-point cameras were in place for just short of a two year period and monitored a stretch of road between Balmedie and Blackdog in Aberdeenshire.

This follows the removal of other temporary average speed cameras on the same road between Stonehaven and Charleston in early May.

A spokesman for Transport Scotland commented: "The temporary average speed cameras on the A90 between Blackdog and Balmedie were decommissioned at the end of last week, as works to complete this section of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route/Balmedie-Tipperty project progress. The permanent average speed camera system on the A90 between Dundee and Stonehaven will remain."

Local councillor Paul Johnston wanted the road-work cameras to be a permanent feature. He said: "My view is that, especially since people won't know the new road as well, there's always going to be an issue with speeding. I think average speed cameras help reduce accidents, change driver behaviour and really do help safety on the road."

He added: "In that area, and especially at Balmedie we still have issues with pedestrians trying to cross that busy route. While I have welcomed the average speed cameras when they were introduced temporarily at the time, I would have liked to see them stay as I think they would go a long way in helping road safety in the area."

Source
email icon

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a couple "I think"s and a "My view is" in that report from Paul Johnston rather than evidence that they actually make things safer.
Should they be installed/removed on "think"s and "my view"s rather than statistical evidence?
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
There is a couple "I think"s and a "My view is" in that report from Paul Johnston rather than evidence that they actually make things safer.

He's perfectly entitled to his opinion, which the "I thinks"s and "My view is" made clear that's what it was.
M8TJT wrote:
Should they be installed/removed on "think"s and "my view"s rather than statistical evidence?

Obviously not. They were removed because the road work they were covering finished. If it was up to his opinion they would have stayed.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it's fortuitous that his 'thinks' and 'views' were overruled. Laughing
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you are entitled to your opinion too.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: