Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - v1005 Maps Available Now 27 Feb
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

v1005 Maps Available Now 27 Feb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
molerat
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: v1005 Maps Available Now 27 Feb Reply with quote

Downloading UK&ROI now.

The last update for my trusty One V3 Crying or Very sad
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a call:-
United Kingdom
02079 490 134
Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed last MyDriveConnect update on February 20th, version number v4.2.0.3437, and then yesterday installed new map v1005, so I would imagine MydriveConnect is fully functioning.

Last edited by psyskiesman on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:08 am; edited 2 times in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the UK&ROI map on my GO520 (legacy, AKA one that works well) in just a few minutes (TT Home). Then I turned to my GO6100.

First off, it told me not enough space, so I had to dig out a micro SD card for it. Which it wouldn't recognise. So I had to format it, which it wouldn't. So I did a reset of the GO6100 and then it did format (all in good time, of course). Then it started to update. Then I got a call to drive off to Rochester and of course the thing was saying several hours to update. But I had to go and leave it to update itself. Which it didn't. So seven hours later, I have to reconnect, reboot, reanything else and now it's doing the update again. Five minutes ago it was saying 26% done and 1 hour 53 minutes to go. Now it says 95% done and 3 minutes left. I really dread it when the new maps come out. At least I don't have so much of a worry with my built in Renault TomTom R-Link - they just don't issue updates quartely - latest is v995 issued 28/11/17.

So now the GO6100 says Update failed. Please try again. That's what the GO says, the PC says You're ready to go, device has been updated. And now the GO says no maps.

Begin again.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
In my opinion this is probably the most unstable MyDrive Connect upgrade that they have implemented.

not the fact that every single tomtom owner is logging in at the same time in a mad rush to get the "latest" maps ?? when the roads haven't changed in the last 3 days ?? Why not wait a day or so until the stupid mad rush to update has passed ?? That way the server "might" have a chance at giving you data in a timely manner ... (and BTW repeated attempts to login just make the system even more congested and worse )

Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still here without a working 6100. Latest status is no connection and My Drive Connect is an oxymoron - it won't connect.

I managed to get some sort of reaction from the 6100 by installing any old map - I chose Ecuador as the smallest I could see, then I was able to get the thing working enough to do a reset. And now it has done that, it wants me to connect to MDC and load stuff, but that won't happen at present. Fortunately (HAH!) I'm snow-bound today so I can sit at the keyboard and play to my heart's content. We shall see. I'll give it a bit of a while then maybe contact TomTom.

PS did anybody else notice that this latest weather caused the HD Traffic to fail again? The old congestion problem - when you need the traffic service, it falls over. It DID work at one time last night on my built in TomTom R-Link, told me there was a 55 minute delay on the M4 and offered an alternative 33 minutes faster. Like an absolute idiot I accepted and finished up spending an hour getting up a tiny slope in the countryside. Why on earth I did that I really can't understand!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mmm-five
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
PS did anybody else notice that this latest weather caused the HD Traffic to fail again? The old congestion problem - when you need the traffic service, it falls over. It DID work at one time last night on my built in TomTom R-Link, told me there was a 55 minute delay on the M4 and offered an alternative 33 minutes faster. Like an absolute idiot I accepted and finished up spending an hour getting up a tiny slope in the countryside. Why on earth I did that I really can't understand!

I'm not sure my latest TITSUP was caused by the weather as it was 6am Monday morning that mine failed to tell me about the 4 hour static queue on the M6 past J17 southbound.

It mentioned J14-J12 closed/long delays, but suggested coming off at J16/J15 to the A50 and M1 down to rejoin the M25.

Unfortunately, just as I passed J17 the traffic came to a halt and I sat there for 4 hours until a vehicle a few in front turned off into Sanbach services, which meant the truck directly in front of me moved forward enough that I could squeeze past, into Sandbach services and out of the 'emergency exit'.

Had no such problems coming home on Thursday evening - other than running out of washer fluid and finding the 4 services I stopped at had neither washer fluid or water to refill my reservoir.

Standing on the bonnet, peeing on the windscreen would have looked a bit weird - and probably risked something freezing & cracking off, so I bought a bottle of mineral water an kept stopping to splash it over the screen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: