Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Observations with version 9 of Garmin/Mercedes Map Pilot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Observations with version 9 of Garmin/Mercedes Map Pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pfeil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Observations with version 9 of Garmin/Mercedes Map Pilot Reply with quote

I've recently updated my Map Pilot to version 9 and wanted to share some of my observations. I've had the system from version 5 a couple of years ago. I've never been able to display icons despite trying many of the suggestions posted to this forum. Here are some things I've noted with this version:

I do get notification of cameras etc., in the the form of a red banner with a camera icon on the left and distance on the right. That displays for several seconds then I get another banner that flashes for a second with 0yd on the right just as the camera location is reached.

There are now 21 fonts installed. So far only 3 give the "Chinese" characters. The rest display nothing.

I get no icons displaying with a couple of exceptions locally. In 3 instances I see an icon for the PMobile locations. When I examine the GPS coordinates I can see nothing different from other locations!!??

I have tried shifting GPS locations slightly as per previous suggestions but nothing shows.

If I try entering random local POIs nothing displays but I do do get proximity warnings.

Some conclusions:

Garmin/Mercedes have disabled the ability to display POI icons.

English text in the banner is not achievable.

The fact that a camera icon appears in the red banner for any added POI must be sloppy programming by Garmin.

The fact that I can get some icons appearing must be a clue to something but I cannot fathom it yet.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: